Sweeeeeeden
thursdaycustoms wrote:

DMG-CPU-01,02 and 03 all have wave track "glitches". Samples have a ton of distortion over them. I've sure you could actually make some cool sounds with it but for just drums it's useless. Certain waveforms will have different levels of distortion as well. I have a whole pile of these because I can't sell them in orders.

Have you tried a new LSDj version with my noise reduction trick on one of those older CPUs? I don't actually own one of those older CPU models...

Cleveland, OH
nitro2k01 wrote:
thursdaycustoms wrote:

DMG-CPU-01,02 and 03 all have wave track "glitches". Samples have a ton of distortion over them. I've sure you could actually make some cool sounds with it but for just drums it's useless. Certain waveforms will have different levels of distortion as well. I have a whole pile of these because I can't sell them in orders.

Have you tried a new LSDj version with my noise reduction trick on one of those older CPUs? I don't actually own one of those older CPU models...

I have not tried that. Can you post me a link? I can probably do a sound comparison tomorrow.

Sweeeeeeden

It's version 4.7.0, available in the official LSDj registered user area.

vancouver, canada

actually, one of my DMGs turned out to be one of the crappy-sounding CPUs.  i remember trying LSDJ 4.7.0 on it for use in a live performance a month ago, but sadly the CPU still mangled up the drum kits.

hopefully this shred of anecdotal data is helpful at all.  but it would be really helpful to have some kind of thorough collection of comparison recordings across as many CPU types as possible - having proper reference test recordings might help to identify what kind of CPU a DMG has, without having to open it up.

Sweeeeeeden

Actually, it might be possible to detect this from the randomness patterns in the various RAM areas. Takes notes for the future.

TX
bryface wrote:

actually, one of my DMGs turned out to be one of the crappy-sounding CPUs.  i remember trying LSDJ 4.7.0 on it for use in a live performance a month ago, but sadly the CPU still mangled up the drum kits.

hopefully this shred of anecdotal data is helpful at all.  but it would be really helpful to have some kind of thorough collection of comparison recordings across as many CPU types as possible - having proper reference test recordings might help to identify what kind of CPU a DMG has, without having to open it up.

Are you trying to avoid pulling the battery cover off? The hole in the case that the tab locks into is a window to seeing what cpu board your DMG has. No need to open the entire thing up, takes 2 seconds, much faster than trying to record and compare waveforms to figure out what you have.

Or did I misread something?

vancouver, canada
KrisM wrote:

Are you trying to avoid pulling the battery cover off? The hole in the case that the tab locks into is a window to seeing what cpu board your DMG has. No need to open the entire thing up, takes 2 seconds, much faster than trying to record and compare waveforms to figure out what you have.

Or did I misread something?

oh awesome, seems you're right!  that's way easier. smile