Santa Cruz, California

So I finished my first fully edited tutorial!
I'm only going to be covering very basic stuff until I get my HD camera... I figure it's important for to see where I'm soldering.

For my first video, I'm showing you how to replace the analog thumbstick in an N64 controller:
I'd love some feedback from you guys.

Next video will be classic controller rebuilds.

Tokyo, Japan

Are these going to be video tutorials? It might be worth moving the thread to the tutorials forum and calling it something like "Teh D3th St4r's video tutorials". Then you could make the first post an index of links like

how to replace and N64 controller (2012/2/14)
how to get 2 audio channels from your NES (2012/2/5)
how to back light a game boy (NEW VIDEO)

would be a little more concise and easier to navigate.

Santa Cruz, California
Lazerbeat wrote:

Are these going to be video tutorials? It might be worth moving the thread to the tutorials forum and calling it something like "Teh D3th St4r's video tutorials". Then you could make the first post an index of links like

how to replace and N64 controller (2012/2/14)
how to get 2 audio channels from your NES (2012/2/5)
how to back light a game boy (NEW VIDEO)

would be a little more concise and easier to navigate.

I'm game.
Wanna relocate this thread?

Gosford, Australia

It'd be handy to provide a link to a site where you can purchase the replacement N64 sticks. I know people can just google or ebay it but it's always nice when the video does aaaaaaaall the work for you tongue

Nice work anyway!
Great charisma and presentation.

Last edited by Victory Road (Apr 4, 2013 2:44 am)

Santa Cruz, California
Victory Road wrote:

It'd be handy to provide a link to a site where you can purchase the replacement N64 sticks. I know people can just google or ebay it but it's always nice when the video does aaaaaaaall the work for you tongue

Nice work anyway!
Great charisma and presentation.

I'm doing price hunting right now in order to provide the best prices for my viewers.
In the future, I would like to have a web store where people can order individual parts, or entire kits based on tutorials they've seen. I think it would be amazing if a viewer could think "wow, that was a great tutorial, I need to hunt down all of those parts" but could simply click a link and order a kith with all the parts they need to follow along with my tutorial.

Thank you.

Melbourne, Australia

Yup, nice work. Looking forward to more.

西安
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

In the future, I would like to have a web store where people can order individual parts, or entire kits based on tutorials they've seen. I think it would be amazing if a viewer could think "wow, that was a great tutorial, I need to hunt down all of those parts" but could simply click a link and order a kith with all the parts they need to follow along with my tutorial.

TAKE MY MONEY

Santa Cruz, California

Super stoked!
A buddy in Japan helped me source these three Famicom consoles for my Fami-Mod videos!

I appreciate all donations, and if you would like to contribute consoles, controllers, peripherals, handhelds, or games, just send me a PM.

Santa Cruz, California

Super tired of using Sony Vegas... that program sucks balls.
Dragged out my old G5... FINAL CUT PRO, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Trying to coordinate sales, purchases, acquiring equipment, and the people involved therein... stressing me the fuck out.
Anyway, I'm almost to the point where I can start filming almost full time (when I'm not working for Level Up or individual clients).
Be patient.

The classic controller rebuild video is ready to be edited.
I'll be filming some Vectrex repair on Sunday and Monday.

Tacoma, WA

I can't wait for those Fami-Mod videos... I bought a Famicom while I was in Japan about a month ago and haven't done too much with it because I am having a hard time finding good AV schematics that are in English (I am also a bit novice when it comes to modding).

Santa Cruz, California
Vellain wrote:

I can't wait for those Fami-Mod videos... I bought a Famicom while I was in Japan about a month ago and haven't done too much with it because I am having a hard time finding good AV schematics that are in English (I am also a bit novice when it comes to modding).

My shipment of Famicoms won't be delivered for about 3 weeks, so don't expect the vids for a while.
I will be covering the AV mod for all three NTSC board revisions, as well as a mod to run on US channels 3-4 so you don't have to drill holes in you Famicom (something I cannot find any information on, so I assume I'm the first person to do it).

Santa Cruz, California

Getting in a little Genesis practice before filming.
Mods:
Overclock 12 mhz
Halt switch
Region unlock
Composite out
S video

Murcia, Spain

Cool tutorial!
I would say it'd be good if you talked a bit slower, specially when you're explaining things related to the process itself.
Apart from that, nice : ) I'll suscribe rightaway.

Santa Cruz, California

My computer crashed and took all of my video and audio files with it!
FUCK MY LIFE!
Right now I'm using an Asus tablet I borrowed from my dad, and mad scrambling to get my G5 up and running so I can get back to work. All I lost was projects in the middle of editing, but I still have the original files backed up on a flash drive, so all is not lost.
Also, I need another model 1 Sega Genesis, so if anyone wants to donate one to the show, send me a PM.

Santa Cruz, California

Fumbled a laptop together.
It's not much, but it keeps things rolling until I have my work computer running.
I hate being poor.

Santa Cruz, California

MY FAMICOMS HAVE ARRIVED FROM JAPAN!!!
I'm gonna go pick 'em up from the post office int he morning.
Super excited.