Solar System
Cooshinator wrote:
boomlinde wrote:

I'll have whatever you smoked

OK here it is... and read previous reply.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Em6uwyWVz0

Last edited by Matej (Apr 5, 2013 1:03 pm)

Douglas, Wyoming

Now I'm poor on the internet too

Austin, TX

The biggest issue with this idea of chiptune equivalent exchange is that prices on systems fluctuate a lot with their condition and their location. I'm not sure what the deal with that $300 for a PCE auction is, but after a quick google search I see a bunch of results in the $100 range? Maybe if you're in a place where that thing had no market penetration (like most of Europe) it'd be closer to that.

For a Genesis it'd need different values if it's a good Model 1, a really shitty sounding Model 1 VA7, a modded system that fixes these issues, etc. All the values of these things are incredibly subjective.

Also CHIPTUNE EUROZONE ECONOMIC COLLAPSE GET YOUR BUG-OUT BAGS WITH BOOTLEG LSDJ CARTS

Nottingham, UK

I'll trade you Mayfair for a tricked out gameboy.

IL, US
Fatal Labyrinth wrote:

The biggest issue with this idea of chiptune equivalent exchange is that prices on systems fluctuate a lot with their condition and their location. I'm not sure what the deal with that $300 for a PCE auction is, but after a quick google search I see a bunch of results in the $100 range? Maybe if you're in a place where that thing had no market penetration (like most of Europe) it'd be closer to that.

For a Genesis it'd need different values if it's a good Model 1, a really shitty sounding Model 1 VA7, a modded system that fixes these issues, etc. All the values of these things are incredibly subjective.

Also CHIPTUNE EUROZONE ECONOMIC COLLAPSE GET YOUR BUG-OUT BAGS WITH BOOTLEG LSDJ CARTS

beyond that, when you base a currency on something, you have to choose  one thing to base it off of, that is consistent in every way possible and cannot be manufactured

Austin, TX
e.s.c. wrote:

beyond that, when you base a currency on something, you have to choose  one thing to base it off of, that is consistent in every way possible and cannot be manufactured

Yeah, that's the base issue of any kind of virtual currency, BitCoins especially. All currency needs a referent with those qualities to work.

I vote we convert the Chipo idea into making nanomachines that can make any old hardware we want. Post-scarcity chiptuning is the REAL future

Chicago, IL

Too much math...

Last edited by BeatScribe (Apr 5, 2013 6:56 pm)

Solar System

Chipo is more and more popular smile. It looks we will move from fun project to real project soon.

Yep. Different countries different prices. So we need to establish "Chipo prices" commision which will regulate retro hardware world wide smile.

西安
Matej wrote:

It looks we will move from fun project to real project soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br2_22e2RoU

Solar System

*#&#*)#(_ just got real...

Chicago IL

you know april fools was a few days ago right

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Matej wrote:

what is this from?

washington
boomlinde wrote:

I'll have whatever you smoked

my guess is space crack

my mom's basement
xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx wrote:
Matej wrote:

what is this from?

Microsoft paint, that's where.

NC in the US of America

/There's only one "P" in "chipo", so is it pronounced "cheep-oh"?

Alive and well in fucksville

how much would nanovoice carts be valued under chipo?