Boston, MA

Hi everyone,
I'm having an issue saving songs with LSDJ on my newly purchased EMS GB 64Mb Smart Card from Kitsch-Bent. As I'm sure many of you will tell me this is most probably a problem with the SRAM battery. I'm having trouble getting it out though because it seems as though the battery housing is only attached at the top (top with respect to the top and bottom of cart).
I guess my question really is if my battery housing is supposed to be like this or if it is defective. If the former is true, how do i get the battery out without damaging my cartridge.

Thanks!

matt's mind

the battery basically slides in one side, and clips in the other.  i'd take a quick pic to show you but don't have a cart around me atm...

perhaps someone else can take a quick photo and make arros showing the part it slides under, and the place that it clips into?

to get it out, you push back the part is clips under

Sweeeeeeden

Could you explain what you mean by attached? Do you mean how the holder is soldered to the board, or how the battery is held in place in the holder?

(Ignore the red indications.) If your battery holder looks anything like this, you need to gently flex the metal strip outward, and then the battery will spring up. When reinserting the battery, do the same thing in reverse.

Boston, MA

Thanks for the quick replies.
I thought that was how it was supposed to be done but i was being a bit too gentle. The other question still stands though. Rephrasing the question: if you look at your smart card is there solder connecting the gold tab, coming from the bottom of the battery slot, to the card itself?

Orange County,CA /Las Vegas NV

when is it time to change the battery? I heard when it dies, your memory gets reset?

matt's mind
PorkfryMOB wrote:

Thanks for the quick replies.
I thought that was how it was supposed to be done but i was being a bit too gentle. The other question still stands though. Rephrasing the question: if you look at your smart card is there solder connecting the gold tab, coming from the bottom of the battery slot, to the card itself?

the gold tab is the part you push down to release the battery.

the battery itself is not soldered anywhere.  the battery holder is soldered to the PCB.  but, no, the gold tabe isn't soldered there.

just push it down, the battery should either pop up and if not should still be able to be removed with that part pushed down

Boston, MA

I understand that the battery isn't soldered anywhere. I've removed the battery. I'm saying that the entire piece of hardware that the battery goes into isn't soldered down on the bottom end. I'm under the impression that the gold tab i'm talking about isn't visible on yours because it is soldered to the board. If i had a smartphone or a camera I would take a picture but unfortunately i do not.

Thanks for the help though.

I am also facing same problem but my card is one year old and now suddenly stop saving data.

I had the same issue when I got mine. You just have to solder the south battery tab to the nearest component to complete the circuit. If the cart is new, the battery itself should be fine.