New Albany Indiana

Take it from that guy, uses sp's allot^

Bit wish i'm not hurt wink correct me for help me to improve my english smile

Gameboy Sp have external cable ok, but i carry this cable with it and i can't charge, i know there is a hybrid solutions to allow charge and audio....... now i'm guess: is there much difference between prosound and nintendo audio cable?

Out-Line wrote:

Gameboy Sp have external cable ok, but i carry this cable with it and i can't charge, i know there is a hybrid solutions to allow charge and audio....... now i'm guess: is there much difference between prosound and nintendo audio cable?

I know NeX did an audio comparison and results showed that prosound was better than using an adapter, but only marginally so. I have two adapters I can mail you if you give me money for shipping. One allows for charging and using headphones at the same time, the other one does not allow for charging. Let me know if you are interested in my offer. smile

New Albany Indiana
Out-Line wrote:

For the sp, i wouldn't say there is. It has pretty good sound overall.

Tokyo, Japan
Auxcide wrote:

You don't even need to prosound a SP. Just get a headphone adapter. Look on eBay, there is someone producing high quality ones. I exclusively only use SPs even though I have prosounded DMGs.

Edit: also prosounding them is tricky and depends on their model, apparently. Not worth it in my opinion.

SOOO worth it. I adore my prosound SP. The sound is much louder and I don't need to hunt around for a damn headphone adapter all the time big_smile

If you can afford it, I would suggest getting one made from NeX: http://nex.gg8.se/modblog/

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Ehhh. I meant its not worth trying to do it yourself. When I talked to NeX about it he made it seem like it was pretty tricky for the AGS-101 and imo a mixer easily fixes the loudness. Also I have a bunch of connectors everywhere so I never need to look. tongue

Edit: obviously wouldn't mind 2 tho. tongue

Last edited by Auxcide (Apr 13, 2013 4:58 am)

mmmmmm i will try, but what the right way? where i can take sound from port charger or from board right?

New Albany Indiana

My main problem with sp's, (from experience) is that you have to super careful with how hard  your hitting the buttons or laying it down, even the slitest touch of the (smart card) of the cart can give you an error message. I've corrupted a few sav's because of this.

Check this thread out: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/1443/ … pro-sound/

Unfortunately all of the image links are dead, but from what I could glean, the main problems he had were that 1) there isn't a whole lot of space in the SP where you can fit a new audio port, and 2) because of how the SP handles volume control, the solder points for all of the wires aren't as straightforward as they are in older models. Seems like you're really better off sending it to NeX and letting him handle it if you really want the mod, but you should listen to some of Auxcide's stuff to hear what it sounds like with just an adapter.

Last edited by dawsx (Apr 13, 2013 6:09 pm)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Bit wish wrote:

My main problem with sp's, (from experience) is that you have to super careful with how hard  your hitting the buttons or laying it down, even the slitest touch of the (smart card) of the cart can give you an error message. I've corrupted a few sav's because of this.

wow really? i've often had this fear, but I've NEVER gotten an error message. I've even dropped an SP and the EMS cart was still running perfectly fine. Maybe you just have all the bad luck. tongue

unrelated but still relevant:
I will say that some version of the SP is slightly noisier than the others. I have a red AGS-001 that gets more noise than my grey AGS-001. I have no idea why, but maybe it's on it's last leg or something. One day i'll open it up to see the cpu number and whatnots.

Edit:

dawsx wrote:

Check this thread out: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/1443/ … pro-sound/

Unfortunately all of the image links are dead, but from what I could glean, the main problems he had were that 1) there isn't a whole lot of space in the SP where you can fit a new audio port, and 2) because of how the SP handles volume control, the solder points for all of the wires aren't as straightforward as they are in older models. Seems like you're really better off sending it to NeX and letting him handle it if you really want the mod, but you should listen to some of Auxcide's stuff to hear what it sounds like with just an adapter.

i actually remember the images in the thread. You could see how tight of a fit everything was [and a pain]. I would HIGHLY recommend sending it in to NeX if you really really do want it prosounded. . .

Edit 2:
Actually it'd be a good idea for Cheapshot to do a recording of a prosounded SP and unmodded SP for comparison.  :]

Last edited by Auxcide (Apr 13, 2013 9:11 pm)

New Albany Indiana
Auxcide wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

wow really? i've often had this fear, but I've NEVER gotten an error message. I've even dropped an SP and the EMS cart was still running perfectly fine. Maybe you just have all the bad luck. tongue

Thats why allot of my music had random beeps, in there. tongue

Seattle, WA
Auxcide wrote:

I exclusively only use SPs even though I have prosounded DMGs.

That's because you're a wierdo heart

washington
Auxcide wrote:

this has happened to me a few times with an ems cart in a gba, i haven't even tried using my sp

Cheapshot, can you give a sample of prosound and not of the gameboy sp ? smile

Bit wish you scared me! but Auxcide have calm me smile

basspuddle i'm start thinking depend how cartdrige is maked, my previous EMS never give me a problem, many times gambeoy have brutal poweroff, but never haved save corrupted.

Tokyo, Japan

Hey hey. Yes I could upload a sample of audio from my prosound SP. I'll try n get it done sometime this week. Things I have found though:

• it's ridiculously loud compared to a DMG (un-pro sounded)
• with its mad volume comes mad noise level (SNR not that great it seems)
• if you let the SP run for a few minutes the noise drops quite a lot.
• yes, as someone mentioned, it can be a little sensitive sometimes and throw out errors (but that's not a prosound problem)

But all in all, I would still go for my prosound SP any day if the week compared to other options. I'm even tempted to get another one made soon.

Thanks, we wait with anxiety smile