washington
PianoGameboy wrote:

all of my gameboys look like the one on the left

and i like it

hiding under your bed

But do they only have three functioning lines of pixels each and no working audio output, and are they sticky?

PianoGameboy wrote:

But do they only have three functioning lines of pixels each and no working audio output, and are they sticky?

Got a DMG at Goodwill a few weeks back that was super sticky.  Opened it up and it looked like someone spilled cola on it and it got all inside.  Put the shell in the dishwasher and cleaned the crap out of the PCBs with rubbing alcohol and it turned right on when I was done.  Green PIL for $2?  Yes please!

hiding under your bed

Ooh, I'd never thought to stick one in the dishwasher before. I gotta try that.
Is there anything I should keep in mind so as to now screw something up somehow, or is it pretty straightforward/foolproof?

PianoGameboy wrote:

Is there anything I should keep in mind so as to now screw something up somehow, or is it pretty straightforward/foolproof?

Well, just take all the electronics out.  Actually, I strip them all the way to the plastic (cartridge plate and battery contacts included).  And I usually pull them out before the drying cycle.  Heard that a dishwasher can melt the plastic so I just air dry them to prevent that from happening.

washington
PianoGameboy wrote:

ha, not quite that bad. actually, at the moment, i don't have any functioning dmgs, so i've been rocking my gbas.

PianoGameboy wrote:

from what i hear, it's really straightforward. just put the shell on the top rack of the dishwasher to prevent warping.

edit for power

Last edited by basspuddle (Apr 9, 2013 2:30 am)

ohgodno, Indiana

-Got the DMG from Cory and putta white backlight in, white battery light, all teal buttons & clear start/select (he put internal pro-sound), The middle is basically 'stock boy' with nuby that Mike gave me & I put abuncha random buttons in it, & only thing different about Twat-Boy is black start/select & all green buttons. Forgot the name of the fello (from UK) that sold me that green painted GBA... Justin frontlight the Blood-BA & showed me abunch of trandom tricks... Thanks guys! heart

UK

I see your hardware without King Henry VIII stickers and I raise you a GameBoy with a King Henry VIII sticker.

hiding under your bed

heh, that's actually pretty neat looking.

washington

my gba has a windows 7 sticker on it

My first dmg mods

The second one kinda failed,but a nice test model.
First experience with water transfers but made 'em too thick and waited too long before coating it.

ohgodno, Indiana
Manukinuki wrote:

If youd ever like to get rid of this let me know asap ill def get it

Thanks for liking it so much!
I'll give it a thought smile

matt's mind

^ the paint on that guy really does look excellent.

is it a faux rock effect paint?

or, hammered metal effect?

The guy, phones part etc. is silver marker smile ,and weathering pigment .
The base is chrome mixed with black + weathering.

I was writing a track when the batteries died in my prosound GB.  This picture was taken of me just as the batteries died.