西安

Does anyone have experience running BGB thru Wine on Linux? A little googling suggests that at least some older versions of BGB might work okay with it (or did in Ubuntu, and so might in Raspbian). I was wondering about the feasibility of running BGB on a Raspberry Pi.

Yes, I'm sure there are comparable linux-friendly emulation options, but
1. BGB rox my sox
2. I actually need BGB because it has that neat built-in thing that displays a graphic around your screen area to make it look like a 'real' boy. It's for a project, I promise smile

Sweeeeeeden

The author officially supports running BGB in Wine on x86 processors. Raspberry Pi is using an ARM CPU, however. You could pester the author to port it to RPi, but I have a feeling he won't do it, at the very least not in time for your project.

SLC, UT

I have no idea what your project is but you could consider using remote desktop?

西安
nitro2k01 wrote:

The author officially supports running BGB in Wine on x86 processors. Raspberry Pi is using an ARM CPU, however. You could pester the author to port it to RPi, but I have a feeling he won't do it, at the very least not in time for your project.

Fair enough. Not a catastrophe; I can still use a laptop for the project. Thanks for clarifying, Nitro.