By the coder of Sid WIzard.  The name comes from the player only needing one rasterline to playback.  (good for democoders obviously)

download

Press f8 and you can choose some demo songs, press f1 to play.

Last edited by 4mat (Mar 21, 2013 8:57 pm)

So, H is B then?

Sweeeeeeden
Carbonthief wrote:

So, H is B then?

Back when I took piano lessons as a kid (~15 years ago) I was taught that what everyone now seems to call B was called H, and B♭ (the flattened version of the note) was called B. Calling the whole note B makes sense from a consistency point of view, but I'm almost surprised I can't seem to find any references to the H/B notation online. History is so easily forgotten. Maybe ditching the H notation is more of an American thing?

Montreal, Canada

It's actually kind of the other way around, ish, kinda. Most countries use either CDEFGABC or Do Ré Mi Fa Sol La Si Do. Only a handful of countries use the B/H difference. From what I understand from a few German friends, it's supposed to make more sense since the B triads rarely make any sense in a C scale unless you twist them around and break scale.

Wiki had that to say about it:

In parts of Europe, including Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Norway and Finland, the natural symbol transformed into the letter H (possibly for hart, German for hard): in German music notation, H is B♮ (B-natural) and B is B♭ (B-flat). Occasionally, music written in German for international use will use H for B-natural and Bb for B-flat (with a modern-script lowercase b instead of a flat sign). Since a Bes or B♭ in Northern Europe (i.e. a B elsewhere) is both rare and unorthodox (more likely to be expressed as Heses), it is generally clear what this notation means.

Sweeeeeeden

Well, the author is Hungarian, so...
Maybe it was Bach who invented it so he could make in-jokes based on the sequence B-A-C-H. (Joking somewhat about him inventing, though he was known to make this pun occasionally.)

西安

Bizarre...I hadn't heard of the H thing. Super interesting.

reject of nintendoage

from what i heard, the difference is basically just a misreading that spread through different countries. It was actually meant to be CDEFGAB etc, which is super logical and makes sense, but the hanwritten letter "b" looked similar to the handwritten "h" of that time's german handwriting. If i had a scanner i would provide better examples, but i think you can see how it could happen.
Why the (supposed) misreading happened in germany, where all this was invented ist still somewhat strange.
also, this doesn't explain why a flat H is "b" in germany.

BTT: thanks for posting 4mat! looks interesting!

Last edited by shizcake (Mar 23, 2013 1:16 am)

now at v1.0 write 64x speed songs, can convert from midi too.

Psydney, Australia

This tracker is teh shits!

I said it over on CSDB and I'll say it here, let's see who can make a 64x tune that doesn't suck big_smile

Sweden

There is some Atari ST trackers that uses H as well... Anyone have any idea?

There is some Atari ST trackers that uses H as well... Anyone have any idea?

MusicMon uses H.

Psydney, Australia

You still can't spell BEACH in either

CHIPTUNE

actually, it's possible in 64x mode.

England

as usual, i turn to yahoo answers

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 439AAFzUJK