UK

Hi there, 2 questons. Im using v2.0 beta but i think ill have a go at 1.8 tonight too.

1, I see allot of wav tables starting with a wave of 09 but cant find any reference to what this wav is. Anyone know?

2, There also seems to be wavs of 10, 40 and 80 used when the documentation they are 11, 41 and 81. Does dropping that bit make a difference or is it someone just hit 0 and not 1?

Cheers for any help. Also if anyone knows where i can get any example instruments that would be handy too.

Chip x

Sweden

1. Wave $09 (0000 1001) has the so called "test bit" set, and also the gate bit. I think this resets the phase and hangs the envelope until you unset bit 3, mostly used to produce a snappier and more consistent attack.

2. Only the upper nybble is used for waveform selection, so really the waveforms are 1*, 2*, 4*, 8* and so on (they can be combined since they are all on different bits in the upper nybble). The least significant bit (the one you see changing in the lower nybble) is the gate bit, which is used to trigger and release the envelope, much like a gate signal in an analog synthesizer would. Having it set lets the envelope go through the attack/decay cycles, stopping at the sustain amplitude. Unsetting it will trigger the release section of the envelope.

UK

Cheers for the detailed answer. I assume that this is the same across most c64 trackers as they are the sid registers?

Yep, it's the same.  this thread has some good detailed info.

UK

Thats great thank you.