Chicago

any suggestions? im kindof on a budget, so under 100 dollars would be nice.
ive looked at some delay pedals like the dd400, and also looping devices like the Cycloops or the Boss rc-2. any other suggestions?

edit - clarified title, lb

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Apr 27, 2013 5:52 am)

IL, US

under $100 is pretty unlikely, unless you only want 2 seconds of delay... rc-2 & dd-5 are both pretty good,  maybe grab a dd-20 if you want more delay options (and easy to set bpm for the loop function)... think they run around $150 used...

Unsubscribe

mini-kp? Ive been trying to find a place to check out one of these:

http://www.tcelectronic.com/ditto-looper/

Portland, ME

The Korg KP3 is my personal fav. Unfortunately they're difficult to find for under $200.

The new miniKP2 has looping capabilities and built in FX, which goes for $150 new, so you may find one used for cheaper. The GameBoy-ish size is nice too.

Toronto, Canada

If you already have a laptop, there are multiple free looping programs available. For someone on a budget this might be the cheapest option.

Last edited by rainwarrior (Apr 27, 2013 3:19 am)

shanghai

max for live's one button recorder is dope.
whay other programmes do you speak of rainwarrior ?

Toronto, Canada

Here's a good list: http://www.krispenhartung.com/software-looping.htm

I can't recommend any in particular, as looping isn't really my thing these days, though in the past I used Max/MSP or Pure Data to do it sometimes, but they are not a ready-made solution for looping (they're certainly capable of it though). Just I thought it's worth pointing out that basically any computer has the hardware you need to do looping built in (i.e. ADC + RAM + DAC), and there are lots of software solutions out there for it. Latency, which before ASIO was a big reason to go for hardware solutions instead of software, isn't even an issue when you're looping.

Last edited by rainwarrior (Apr 27, 2013 6:29 am)

shanghai

woah nice list. thanks
normally i just do it with Max for live because its really convenient.

Czech republic

Hm, this one looks nice.
I've got parts in the mail for something with similary simple interface only with midi clock sync option and no overdub.
Based around arduino pro mini and ISD recorder ic so you get the idea of sound quality...

Last edited by ashimoke (Apr 27, 2013 10:10 am)