Sweden

Hello everybody! I am trying to install GB USB on my Snow Leopard 10.6.8, but it won't work.

http://lacklustre.net/projects/ems-flasher/

When I type in "Sudo port install pkgconfig" it says "Sudo port command not found"... I just can't fix it! I have read about something called "bash_profile" and ".profile" but I can't get access to these files either... If I type "~/.profile" it just says "Permission denied".

How do I do? Please help!

Chicago

Messing with ems cart files isn't fun on mac, unless your a fan of constantly using terminal to manage your cart.
Although it isn't necessary or helpful to this particular problem, I recommend using some virtual machine to transfer/manage my gb files to a mac + ems combo..

Los Angeles, CA

The problem is probably that program names are case-sensitive. `sudo` should be lowercase:

sudo port install pkgconfig

I'm glossing over some technical detail here, but here's a roughly what's going on (so that this is less magical):

port (MacPorts) is a program that installs other programs. To install programs, it needs what's known as "superuser" or "root" privileges. The command sudo (which, IIRC, is short for "superuser do") allows authorized users to run commands in superuser mode. So what you're doing when you run "sudo port install pkgconfig" is saying "I want to run the command 'port install pkgconfig'" as the superuser.