Mexico City

Hello CM!  I bring you my latest album of "thrash-pop" chiptunes. I haven't released much music over the years since running 56KBPS Records takes most of my "chipmusic related time" so this is a big deal for me. If you like classic VGM style chiptunes you might have a good time listening to Zapotecno

"Nine tracks composed between 2009 and 2012 for NES, Atari 800, Gameboy and Commodore 64. Zapotecno is the first feature length album by Chema64, an important ambassador of chipmusic in Mexico and Latin America via his netlabel (56KBPS Records). The album takes its name from the cover art "Zapotechno" by Galamot Shaku. A colorful mosaic of music and sight that mimics the relationship of technology and folklore in a developing country."

"One thing ‘Zapotecno’ does very well is traverse genres. Tracks ‘Machines of Loving Grace’ and ‘Fin del Mundo del Fin’ both contain nods at metal a la 90s VGM faux-thrash (think Duke Nukem 3D’s soundtrack). Elsewhere, album closer, ‘Quetzalli’, has a euphoric Saturday Morning theme tune pop atmosphere, with the accompanying hook-laden melodies lodged within its crevasses." Full review by Waveform Generators here

Let me know what you think!

LISTEN & DOWNLOAD