Hey all,

I'm interested in making music with the Amiga using Protracker. I would love to do it on the original hardware. I know you can easily emulate the whole proces, but I would love to have an Amiga anyway so it would me cool to make music on it. I did Google but it's all kind of vague.

What kind of Amiga do i need?
what kind of hardware do I need?
what kind of software do I need?
Any tips?

I'd love to hear from you all (:

Thanks in advance!

Taichung, Taiwan

Basic Necessities:

Amiga Computer, Mouse, Protracker.

Last edited by katsumbhong (May 14, 2013 4:03 pm)

katsumbhong wrote:

Basic Necessities:

Amiga Computer, Mouse, Protracker.

Thanks so much! I'll be off now!

Abandoned on Fire

Probably you'll want to look into Amiga Explorer:  http://www.amigaforever.com/ae/

England

unless anyone else chimes in id recommened an A1200 with a harddrive

ive never used protracker and there seem to be different versions

otherwise people have made plenty of amiga music on a standard A500 so im sure there will be something to make music on if you only manage to get one of those

Last edited by Jellica (May 14, 2013 4:27 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Why not read this thread in which you posted? I believe the use of Protracker was addressed.

Milwaukee, WI

Oh, and CM.O has my vote on changing the word bubble to "What kind of ____ do I need?"

TSC wrote:

Why not read this thread in which you posted? I believe the use of Protracker was addressed.

I'll check that out, I thought it kind of turned into a flamethread haha

Chicago IL

from what I understand the most important thing you're going to need is a metric shit-ton of patience

Holland
egr wrote:

Probably you'll want to look into Amiga Explorer:  http://www.amigaforever.com/ae/

Amiga Explorer is a pain in the ass to work with.

cerror and I use a HxC floppy emulator. Works like a charm!

We use Protracker 1.3b and the Amiga 500! :-)

amiga 500 + protracker on a disk + some samples, or just load in workbench files and make loops out of them.

tbh if you've not done it before use WinUAE, you're not missing anything sonically by not having hardware.

Taichung, Taiwan
TSC wrote:

This.

Taichung, Taiwan
W4LKR wrote:
TSC wrote:

I'll check that out, I thought it kind of turned into a flamethread haha

If you read through all the posts you would have realized that it didn't end up as a flamethread. Lots of good info on there.