Maine

just released this hope you enjoy!

http://thebronychip.bandcamp.com/album/y2k-ep

NC in the US of America

Hmm. It is not without appeal. *It kind of has that pre 2007-ish exploratory feel to it (from what little I've heard of that era, anyway). It has some nice simple sounds. At times too simple, though. Of course, simple sounds are great if you have strong compelling melodies.

Some of the sections seem too long and repetitive, though. Mood changes and alternate chord progressions are welcome. Umm... are you looking for CC? cuz I can give it more in depth if you like.

Anyway, it's bouncy and happy, which is not a bad thing. I like the childish melody in track two. Reminds me of ice cream and 90's cellphone toys.

Got a little frostbyte influence on that last track, eh?

Edit: I just realized you used that same fourxfour beat throughout. Eh...

*blarney in underline since I can't strike-through

Last edited by SketchMan3 (May 15, 2013 5:03 am)

ohio gozaimasu
SketchMan3 wrote:

Got a little frostbyte influence on that last track, eh?

I don't quite see where you're getting that from...

Maine
SketchMan3 wrote:

Edit: I just realized you used that same fourxfour beat throughout. Eh...

well thats cause 3/4 of the tracks where made in 128bpm and my mind instantly goes to 4x4

Unsubscribe
SketchMan3 wrote:

2007-ish exploratory feel

Um there were good chiptunes before 2007. Even some after!

NC in the US of America

I don't quite see where you're getting that from...

Really? I guess I haven't listened to frostbyte that much. But that's where my mind went when I heard it. It's very sparse, admittedly, but it feels like the thing he released before codec(x?) stripped down.

herr_prof wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

2007-ish exploratory feel

Um there were good chiptunes before 2007. Even some after!

Wasn't really talking about the goodness or badness of the music. But you probably already knew that? A blues kid can imitate Robert Johnson without sounding as good as him.

Unsubscribe

No im talking about technical complexity. You make it sound like amateur musical composition was indicative of a certain era in chipmusic's history, when dudes have been kicking butt on all levels for a looooong time.

NC in the US of America
herr_prof wrote:

No im talking about technical complexity. You make it sound like amateur musical composition was indicative of a certain era in chipmusic's history, when dudes have been kicking butt on all levels for a looooong time.

Oh, I see. My bad. I apologize for that. That wasn't what I meant by exploratory. And thank you for the correction. I don't know what I was thinking... there's always plenty of varieties of all kinds of stuff no matter what year it is.

I'm sorry, my mind draws weird correlations between things all the time...

Edit: ugh... I should have just let this pass... i feel all slimy now...

Last edited by SketchMan3 (May 15, 2013 5:04 am)