Wisconsin and Minnesota

Maybe someone wants to buy it from him before it's too late?

Looks pretty rare.

(219) Indiana, USA

Well if there's some paperwork saying that the guys mom actually did win it on a game show then I guess it'd be worth something special. However if there's no paperwork to be had then it appears to be just a normal Gameboy painted pink.

EDIT: Someone found a picture of all of the Gameboy original versions and got this image:

If this image is correct then the pink Gameboy is real and probably pretty rare.

Last edited by zaxxon (May 19, 2013 5:44 pm)

Holland

Wasn't the green gameboy an original first as well? That makes the picture above incomplete.

zaxxon wrote:

EDIT: Someone found a picture of all of the Gameboy original versions and got this image:

If this image is correct then the pink Gameboy is real and probably pretty rare.

There's a few missing. I have one with korean text on it, and I also have one of the ones used in commercials with the huge "gameboy" print on it, though that's not really a limited edition one. There's a few more as well, like the planet hollywood one.

One of those wario DMGs sold on eBay a while ago. Didn't sell for much, I guess because they're just painted. That's why I didn't bid on it.

buffalo, NY

The wario one looks like Apeshit's brother

Austin, TX

Whoa, I've never seen some of those. Apeshit could you post some pics of your rare DMG's? Wasn't it you that obtained the "professionally modified" DMG that hooked up to a monitor?

Last edited by BlakePalmer (Mar 20, 2018 11:04 pm)

BlakePalmer wrote:

it looks like a greyboy that was painted light pink.
2 big giveaways are the Nintendo Gameboy text not being visible, and also the classic purple/pink greyboy A + B buttons.

although, who knows, it could actually be legit

It's both - legitimate and painted. Some MGBs, and GBAs were painted too. It was likely never printed with the text.

Boddah wrote:

Whoa, I've never seen some of those. Apeshit could you post some pics of your rare DMG's? Wasn't it you that obtained the "professionally modified" DMG that hooked up to a monitor?

I forgot about that one. Yeah, but it didn't hook up into a monitor natively. I just showed it off as an example of clean wiring.

Douglas, Wyoming
BlakePalmer wrote:

it looks like a greyboy that was painted light pink.
2 big giveaways are the Nintendo Gameboy text not being visible, and also the classic purple/pink greyboy A + B buttons.

although, who knows, it could actually be legit

Original doesn't have the text either though

Last edited by BlakePalmer (Mar 20, 2018 11:04 pm)

Medina, Ohio
BlakePalmer wrote:
Monotron wrote:

Original doesn't have the text either though

The original definitely has the text.

I believe he was talking about the original pink DMG with a heart.

Pittsburgh
zaxxon wrote:

I've only heard rumors of a pink one, and one picture of a wario one, and I've only just heard of the planet Hollywood one. What other ones are there that are barely ever mentioned?
Is that another pink one with kirby on it on the top of the pile in the back? Also, am I right in thinking that the blue one at the bottom of the stack almost looks glossy?

Plantation, Florida
Another Castle wrote:
zaxxon wrote:

I've only heard rumors of a pink one, and one picture of a wario one, and I've only just heard of the planet Hollywood one. What other ones are there that are barely ever mentioned?
Is that another pink one with kirby on it on the top of the pile in the back? Also, am I right in thinking that the blue one at the bottom of the stack almost looks glossy?

And has light grey SS buttons?

(219) Indiana, USA
xylo wrote:

Wasn't the green gameboy an original first as well? That makes the picture above incomplete.

Oops yah  it is pretty incomplete. I guess I just saw most of them and assumed everything was there.

matt's mind

there are two blues, somebody could photoshop one of them green and maybe it'd be complete,

or maybe the blue one on the bottom of the stack is really a green and the color is just really off looking through some sort of color manipulation trickery

(looking at it again, its definitely not a weird looking green one.  but still...  a little photoshop its green)

NC in the US of America

Maybe the Grayboy is leaning on the green one for support ;p