ad-hell-aide

Are you running OS X?

ad-hell-aide

If you are, can you do me a favor and right click on the Arduino app, go to Show Package Contents and navigate to the following file, and opening it in a text editor:

Arduino > Contents > Resources > Java > Hardware > Teensy > cores > usb_midi > usb_api.cpp

Do a search for the following line: type2 = b1 & 0xF0; and tell me what the next line of code is.

Bristol

yup OSX:
it reads:

type2 = b1 & 0xF0;
    c = (b1 & 0x0F) + 1;

ad-hell-aide

Ah yeah, can you do me a favor and remove the + 1? And then re-upload the code?

Bristol

boom problem solved! strange to be doing that to the channels in the api...

ad-hell-aide

It's just how I roll. I run a slightly modified version of Teensyduino, and having the channels indexed at 0 instead of at 1 makes more sense (to me).

Bristol

unnf those square waves.. thank you sir.. having much fun with this little thing!

ad-hell-aide

YAY FOR SQUARE WAVES

ad-hell-aide

Firmware now supports up to four SN76489 chips.

Also added sample support.

http://little-scale.blogspot.com.au/201 … -quad.html

big_smile

Bristol

that is insane heart heart

FRANCE

grea work!
sample support + an armada of pulse waves... now I will make some good use of my 10 SN76489N smile

Plantation, Florida

An chance of a YM2149F version?

ad-hell-aide

Maybe not YM2149F because I have none of those here.

But I have about 15 AY38912 chips, so I can make the same thing but for 5 x AY3812 / 38910 smile

Plantation, Florida

Sweet. It'll work for both so it's cool.

FRANCE

Worth mentioning that as we lower the master clock , we gain access to lower notes but we also reduce the pitch resolution on higher octaves smile

Philadelph-ohsh**takecover!!!

If you wanted to get crazy, I'm sure there's a way to switch between clocks based on pitch so you can get the low notes when you need them on the lower clock, and toggle to a faster clock for higher pitches.