Germany

So i had this idea. We´re revitalising our P&P RPG group and i thought about running an oldschool Sword & Wizardry (which is a D&D 1e "clone") campaing. There are lots of retro-style adventures out there & i bought a bunch for cheap. Then i started creating my own pawns for the game by using this tutorial: http://rpghacker.com/rpg-hobby-games/di … yle-pawns/ & the infinite amount of fantasy character related pictures on the internet.
BUT THEN i thought: "Wouldn´t it be awesome for this whole retro-style feel, if i had pixel art pawns & chiptunes for my DMDJ app as BGM?"
So, if you have any pixelart that would fit into a fantasy rpg & wouldn´t mind me using it please post a link here. A character or monster description (Fighter, Druid...Beholder, Kobold, Goblin...) would be highly appreciated as well. Note: The graphics should be quite large so that when i resize them, to fit the template from the link above, they still look sharp.
Thanks in advance!
PS: I´ll be posting a request for chiptunes in the "General Discussion" section as well.

Someone please do this and release the pixel art as creative commons, the world needs more free-to-use sprites in it.

Germany

@Zef: Indeed. I´m still trying to find a good programm to create some characters myself. I bought pixely for my ipad, but the graphics have been too small for the template so far. And i´m not sure how big i can make them with the app. A programm for PC with fixed tiles i just have to colour would be great.

East Kilbride, Scotland

http://oryxdesignlab.com/sprites/

If you want a quick/cheap solution, this guy I know sells pretty cheap sprite sets.

Germany

@Sycamore Drive: Thanks. I like the styles, but it might be a bit too minmalistic for a real life at the table pen & paper game. I´m also not sure that what i´ve seen on the site would work with the pawn templates. I´ll try to contact "Oryx" and see if he could test this, or give me a sample to test this my own.

EDIT: Is anyone here registered @ the pixelgasm forum? Everytime i try to register i get an error message: "You have registered with a commonly identified spam email adress, please re-register from an allowed email address." I tried my "[email protected] & [email protected]" address. sad

EDIT 2

Here are some pawn samples:

Last edited by Graustufe (May 30, 2013 10:22 am)