Wheeling, WV

Dear MediaFire User:
MediaFire has received notification under the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") that your usage of a file is allegedly infringing on the file creator's copyright protection.

The file named Last Christmas (Wham! Cover).mp3 is identified by the key (tce32cznnzk).

As a result of this notice, pursuant to Section 512(c)(1)(C) of the DMCA, we have suspended access to the file.

The reason for suspension was:

Unauthorized reproduction and distribution of copyrighted sound recordings owned or exclusively distributed by Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, and Warner Music Group.
Information about the party that filed the report:

Company Name: RIAA
Contact Address: 1025 F Street N.W., 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20004
Contact Name: RIAA Anti-piracy
Contact Phone: (202) 775-0101
Contact Email: [email protected]
Copyright infringement violates MediaFire's Terms of Service. MediaFire accounts that experience multiple incidents of alleged copyright infringement without viable counterclaims may be terminated.

If you feel this suspension was in error, please submit a counterclaim by following the process below.

Step 1. Click on the following link to open the counterclaim webpage.

[link]

Step 2. Use this PIN on the counterclaim webpage to begin the process:

[pin number]

Step 3. Fill in the fields on the counterclaim form with as much detail as possible.

This is a post-only mailing. Replies to this message are not monitored or answered.

Really? The music groups are going after Game Boy covers now? Hitting up the big fish, I see.

I MADE THAT SONG TOLERABLE!

Last edited by hotmessization (May 27, 2013 7:40 pm)

The Hollow Earth
hotmessization wrote:

Dear MediaFire User:
MediaFire has received notification under the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") that your usage of a file is allegedly infringing on the file creator's copyright protection.

The file named Last Christmas (Wham! Cover).mp3 is identified by the key (tce32cznnzk).

As a result of this notice, pursuant to Section 512(c)(1)(C) of the DMCA, we have suspended access to the file.

The reason for suspension was:

Unauthorized reproduction and distribution of copyrighted sound recordings owned or exclusively distributed by Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, and Warner Music Group.
Information about the party that filed the report:

Company Name: RIAA
Contact Address: 1025 F Street N.W., 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20004
Contact Name: RIAA Anti-piracy
Contact Phone: (202) 775-0101
Contact Email: [email protected]
Copyright infringement violates MediaFire's Terms of Service. MediaFire accounts that experience multiple incidents of alleged copyright infringement without viable counterclaims may be terminated.

If you feel this suspension was in error, please submit a counterclaim by following the process below.

Step 1. Click on the following link to open the counterclaim webpage.

[link]

Step 2. Use this PIN on the counterclaim webpage to begin the process:

[pin number]

Step 3. Fill in the fields on the counterclaim form with as much detail as possible.

This is a post-only mailing. Replies to this message are not monitored or answered.

Really? The music groups are going after Game Boy covers now? Hitting up the big fish, I see.

I MADE THAT SONG TOLERABLE!

If there's something in the filename that likens it to a commercial release, even if the name just happens to be similar, it gets deleted. They're looking for people uploading these releases, not necessarily covers though it's still technically copyright infringement. If it's just a single song, the solution is to just use soundcloud or something. Mediafire is unreliable for hosting your own music.

East Kilbride, Scotland

Descriptive song titles have been your undoing. I hope you've learned your lesson (If you had titled it Last Xmas you probably would have got away with it)!

Wheeling, WV

Damnit, me-from-four-years-ago! I wonder if there's still a way for me to pull that file. I don't really have access to any of my music anymore.

East Kilbride, Scotland
hotmessization wrote:

Damnit, me-from-four-years-ago! I wonder if there's still a way for me to pull that file. I don't really have access to any of my music anymore.

http://tinycartridge.com/post/295719615 … an-only-be

You could grab it with Audacity from here. Hit play, it still works.

Last edited by Sycamore Drive (May 27, 2013 9:14 pm)

Wheeling, WV

Holy shit. Thank you.

Chicago IL

The more chip covers of pop songs that go missing the better

NC in the US of America

Shoot, I better go check my mediafire account and make sure they don't mess with any of my stuff... does mediafire allow changing of filenames?

.FILTHadelphia
Saskrotch wrote:

The more chip covers of pop songs that go missing the better

Brunswick, GA USA

What's sad is that they're pulling it down because they think it's the Wham! track, not because it's an unauthorized cover.