Austin, TX

Not sure if this is total noob question, but how do I completely format an EMS 64m USB cart on Mac? I need it to go back to factory settings if possible. I know how to backup/restore roms and .sav files using this method, http://chainsaw.musho.org/stuff/ems-on-mac/ . The cart will not load LSDJ (any version) w/ any .sav file when running through a Mege Memory Card GB accessory. The GB will show the normal Nintendo logo boot screen, but after that goes to a mostly blank screen with just a tiny eighth music note and an arrow. I've flashed multiple version of LSDJ as well as different .sav files. The cart will load mGB without any problems, and it loaded Pokemon Red and Blue without trouble. I haven't had trouble booting any other cartridges with the MMC. Any suggestions?

Chicago

EMS cart + OSX = no bueno

Being as you've braved your way through flashing the ems through the terminal, I'd assume you'd be able to obtain VMware Fusion. Its really a great piece of software, once installed setup a xp virtual machine. Install ems drivers on the xp side. Connect the EMS as you would normally then run the cart flashing executable. At this point you will be able to format/read/write your EMS with ease without messing around typing commands in manually. Now just simply flash LSDJ, that its, you should be set after that.

Hope this helps

Austin, TX

Ah, that makes sense. Downloading VMware right now smile
Thanks!