Solar System

.Hello friends...
Still setuping it. But here will be new FM Chipmusic only Forum:
forum.fmsynthesis.com
Any suggestions, ideas are welcome...

PS: For all who wanted to register and doesnt pass really hard questions... (2#6#1#2,O#P#L#3,V#R#C#7)
# - delete
Matej

Last edited by Matej (May 31, 2013 8:38 am)

.FILTHadelphia

Fuck yea! Count me in.

Chicago, IL

Heh, cool, I just did an article about FM albums.

Mexico City

Nice, might become addicted to the releases/catalog forum in the future

sweden

Cool!

I'm wondering what happened to soundshock.se

Signed up! That process was tricky though - required a tough password and then the question at the bottom may confuse some people who want to participate - not everyone is an expert on all FM hardware!

You've also fallen into the trap many new forums have - too many categories. Better to have 2-3 categories at first till the memberbase grows. Just a suggestion.

Last edited by metropeak (May 30, 2013 10:25 pm)

Tokyo, Japan
BeatScribe wrote:

Really? Link!

Tokyo, Japan
metropeak wrote:

You've also fallen into the trap many new forums have - too many categories. Better to have 2-3 categories at first till the memberbase grows. Just a suggestion.

Yeah, I totally agree with this, I would reduce the number of forums pretty dramatically. Maybe just 3 or 4 at the outside. Hardware, Software, Releases. I love me some FM but I am not going to trawl through 36 (I counted!) subforums. Also I would strongly suggest a "recent posts" button.

Chicago IL
Lazerbeat wrote:
metropeak wrote:

Yeah, I totally agree with this, I would reduce the number of forums pretty dramatically. Maybe just 3 or 4 at the outside. Hardware, Software, Releases. I love me some FM but I am not going to trawl through 36 (I counted!) subforums. Also I would strongly suggest a "recent posts" button.

It actually looks more like each platform has it's own thread? Which is weird too.

RSS subscribed to the releases forum.

Solar System

Yep. It is little bit longer. Remember forum is still in beta (setuping it). So I will try to do it more readable.
BTW there are not subforums but topics sticked. So there is only main page and topics (OPL2/OPL30) is category and Adlibtracker is just normal sticked forum thread. You can start to write your own topics of course... But yes forum is little bit longer thats right...

There is "read new posts" and "read todays posts" so = recent posts.

For all who wanted to register and doesnt pass really hard questions... (2#6#1#2,O#P#L#3,V#R#C#7)
# - delete

I will try to do more simple antispam questions in future.

Thank your nice suggestions.

I dont know what happen to soundshock.se.
Well yes forum.fmsynthesis.com was created by ex-soundshock users.
I hope it will be same and maybe more happy and friendly.

Yes there will be small FM record label (small series 50-500CDs per artist).
Plus there will be free PDF magazine (4 issues per year latter maybe more) with bonus tracks, interviews, tracker reviews, soundcard specs etc etc...

And I hope there will be FM party/workshop in future too (1 per year latter maybe more).

Simply nice place for FM fans...

Last edited by Matej (May 31, 2013 9:49 am)

Sweden

"MSX (SCC / OPLx)" <- The SCC has no FM sound

Solar System

THNX Bloomlinde - fixed to MSX-Audio, MSX-Music...

Lazerbeat wrote:
BeatScribe wrote:

Really? Link!

i too am interested in reading this

.FILTHadelphia

Registered. Hopefully some more FM minded people migrate over.

UK

Each of those larger categories could be condensed to a single sub-forum.

But yeah, sounds interesting.

.FILTHadelphia

EDIT: Nevermind I guess I have forum access now. Could have sworn it said I needed a confirmation e-mail.

Last edited by defiantsystems (Jun 2, 2013 2:07 pm)