Montreal, Canada

I just want to know how you ended up at *86* dollars? It's a pretty damn precise amount. Would 85 put you out of business? Are you afraid that 87 might make you too rich and you'd end up being all hollywood?

(219) Indiana, USA

Haha no I put them at 86 because although it doesn't give me enough profit to make 2 gameboys from selling one I feel it's a pretty fair price. Plus I don't really make gameboys for profit but just because I like making them and when I sell them i get some money back in order to make more.

Montreal, Canada

haha cool.. I used the same type of "will not make a living out of this anytime soon" business model with guitars.

Excuse the noobness cause I know nothing about GBs in general, but are these DMGs or Colors? If so, are those custom cases? cause I don't see the little bevel on the bottom right? I really like the square end thing. In any case.. the green one looks totally sharp and if I wasn't out of a job right now, I would consider buying it.

(219) Indiana, USA

They are DMGs housed in custom cases made by kitsch bent. I also really like the square edges, it looks pretty sharp

Pittsburgh

I'm not always a huge fan of modded gameboys with Kitsch's cases, but I can honestly say that these are some of the greatest gameboys I've ever seen. Wish I had $$ for the green one.

(219) Indiana, USA

Thank you! I'm glad you like them big_smile

(219) Indiana, USA

* An orange gameboy pocket for sale!

Last edited by zaxxon (Apr 9, 2013 12:48 am)

(219) Indiana, USA

The orange gameboy pocket is now $76!

Milwaukee, WI

Orange pocket looks awesome!

(219) Indiana, USA

Thanks! It could be yours too if you want big_smile

kansas city

thanks, my new toy looks great in a dark room,  and sounds great buried in  a mix. cool cool cool.

(219) Indiana, USA

The orange gameboy pocket is now mine unless I get a good offer!

Last edited by zaxxon (Apr 29, 2013 2:43 am)

(219) Indiana, USA

Just added the "smoothboy" that is possibly available if I receive a good offer via pm.

Brisbane, Australia

That smoothboy is BEAUTIFUL
What kind of sandpaper did you use to sand it? Awfully fine grit i'm guessing..

(219) Indiana, USA
jackary wrote:

That smoothboy is BEAUTIFUL
What kind of sandpaper did you use to sand it? Awfully fine grit i'm guessing..

Thanks! At first I sanded the case down with a high grit paper and then after that I sanded it with the low grit paper and washed the case.

Nottingham

These are really nice, I can totally understand the pricing, people tend to think that none of this is any work at all, and folks should sell their work at cost because it's fun to do. The skills and care required to mod gameboys well should not be underestimated. I wouldn't pay an amateur to re-wire my house, and the same principle applies.

Keep it up.