Chicago

I own a cube street. I'm visiting family in New Orleans for the next two weeks. My cousin wants to jam at some point. Having my amp would be pretty sweet. We're also going to Florida and beach jams are the best jams.
I own a bag that it fits perfectly in. It is under the carry on standards. I would also be carrying on a back pack with all my clothes.
Do you think that'll fly with TSA (pun 100% intended.), as well as Southwest?
plz help, the jams must be made.

edit: I try to avoid checking in bags at all cost, especially at the cost of losing that cube street siting around 250.

Last edited by theghostservant (Jun 3, 2013 5:51 am)

buffalo, NY

Yeah you'll be fine. You get to bring one carry on bag in addition to your bookbag, they will probably swab your shit for explosives at security though, so be prepared for that.

Last edited by danimal cannon (Jun 3, 2013 6:00 am)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Are you a clean-shaven white male? That actually makes a pretty big difference. I've gotten on board with bags full of homemade eletronics while a friend of South Asian descent was forced to boot his laptop and show that his wireless mouse functioned to prove they weren't bombs.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jun 3, 2013 10:54 am)

Chicago

Thanks, I figured it'd be okay. Needed to make sure though. I fly a fair bit, but I have never tried to carry on any electronics other than a laptop.

lolusa

They are "random" checks. I've heard some bad stories of chipfolks travelling with their homemade gear, but as long as you're honest about what your device is, and what it does, it's no worries.

I'ts unfortunate that someone who knows how electronics work can be considered a threat to our country :\

Chicago

I'll let you guys know how it goes on the other side, for posterity.

Chicago

Absolutely zero resistance. They didnt even ask what was in the bag.