barf

http://battleofthebits.org/arena/Battle … Tracks+II/

as of this post we're about 75% of the way through with a week remaining for tracks! there's numerous tracker based modules to enter under, namely s3m/xm/mod/it modules, 48k modules (size limited), renoise, deflemask, and sunvox! (deflemask is a multi-system tracker that can emulate gameboy, if any of you are into that)

we also accept songs made outside of the time limit, the only stipulation is that it cannot be in a previous compo~ if you're interested in learning a new tracker or you're an adept at any of these we'd love to hear a track from you!

Last edited by kfaraday (May 21, 2013 2:15 am)

barf

we just got a week's extension!! battle ends on the 4th of june now

NC in the US of America

Sweet. I had forgotten all about this.
Edit: What I mean to say is, I hadn't realized the deadline was coming up so fast.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (May 26, 2013 3:41 am)

barf

smile i hope you'll join! i like your music

(not long left to go!)

New Albany Indiana

Are lsdj tunes allowed?

barf

there's a deflemask category with gameboy capabilities! but you'd have to write your track with that software

Last edited by kfaraday (Jun 3, 2013 12:30 pm)

Track sent! Thanks for putting this together.

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

No LGPT?

California, United States
vargero wrote:

No LGPT?

Sadly I don't believe we have that format, but you should request that it be added! smile Summer Tracks is the time when we break out obscure formats and that one might be a cool addition.

NC in the US of America
kfaraday wrote:

(not long left to go!)

shoot. I forgot about it again! XD

I think it'd be really nice if they added a AHX/HVL category. Gonna have to request that for next time...

Brighton/Southampton
SketchMan3 wrote:
kfaraday wrote:

(not long left to go!)

I think it'd be really nice if they added a AHX/HVL category. Gonna have to request that for next time...

Botb actually does have AHX registered as a format smile If there's one compo that does feature it, I'd be willing to bet that it'll turn up in something like Summer Chip if there's a demand for it.

NC in the US of America
Fearofdark wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

Botb actually does have AHX registered as a format smile If there's one compo that does feature it, I'd be willing to bet that it'll turn up in something like Summer Chip if there's a demand for it.

So what you're saying is that AHX is registered at BotB, but not for this particular event? But it may pop up in a future event?

SketchMan3 wrote:
Fearofdark wrote:

So what you're saying is that AHX is registered at BotB, but not for this particular event? But it may pop up in a future event?

Yes, pretty much. We could also host a One Hour Battle with that format, if you would like.

NC in the US of America

Hey, I was rushing to finish my thang and then my modem cut off and when I reconnected all of a sudden the timer jumped from 1h20m to 2d. My heart jumped... but does this mean it's been extended again?

yay

Doxic wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

Yes, pretty much. We could also host a One Hour Battle with that format, if you would like.

I'll have to get more familiar with the format and just what this whole BotB thing is about before I'd ask you to do something like that, but thank you.

SketchMan3 wrote:

Hey, I was rushing to finish my thang and then my modem cut off and when I reconnected all of a sudden the timer jumped from 1h20m to 2d. My heart jumped... but does this mean it's been extended again?

yay

Yes, Indeed! It was extended to meet up with the date of the livestream, which just happens to be Friday June 7th 23:30 BST (18:30 EDT, 17:30 CDT, 15:30 PDT) it also may or may not have been extended to hopefully get the entry number over 100, so please feel free to submit smile