West Yorks, UK

Logic Free (Windows, pre xp?)

http://www.dirk-bechtel.de/download/LogicFunPC.zip

not got access to a pc for a day or two, feel free to check this and report back if it works. it seems like it will.

Pro Tools Free (Mac OS9 / PPC OSX)

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/products/ … 0_4901.hqx

go to the page, set up and account, let it take you back to the page and bingo, it should appear.
presumably, you'll be using a pre intel mac osX machine, in which case LOADING CLASSIC ENVIRONMENT WONT WORK. you need to go to system prefs> startup disks> restart in os9 (not just open classic) or else you'l get a DAE error xxxx. You also need OMS 2.3+ installed to make it work.

hope this helps someone.

As i mentioned b4 the edit, ive been looking for these for years to no avail. one morning here and ive grabbed them both in  30 mins! (tho logic is not yet confirmed by myself)

Last edited by Domu (Jun 6, 2013 12:51 pm)

Los Angeles

I don't remember the windows version ever being free when they got bought by apple. All I've seen are cracks. Btw I still use the last windows version exclusively

Los Angeles

I think whatever free versions there were, were extremely limited feature wise

West Yorks, UK

thats not what ive read/ heard! something like 16 audio tracks and unlimited midi tracks! comes pretty highly rated from all round methinks.

West Yorks, UK

and yep they deffo released it for free. pretty sure its called logic free and works only on windows 98/me or something daft!

this may be why i cant find it. am i thinking of pro tools free and logic fun?! think so!

anyone using a power pcc mac can go grab protools for free; just google it, let google take you to the avid page where its hosted, create an account and wait, the page says its not available but a download pops up automatically with the installer. Success!

Last edited by Domu (Jun 6, 2013 10:58 am)

West Yorks, UK

see first post

Last edited by Domu (Jun 6, 2013 11:09 am)

Los Angeles

Well ya logic fun was free, but doesn't really compare to logic 5.5. I don't think fun even has vst

Last edited by dasid (Jun 6, 2013 12:44 pm)

West Yorks, UK

was 5.5 the last windows version of whch you speak? does it use dongles or serials?

yep i was getting totally mixed up with PT free, which was why i could never find it!

++VST? get out! big_smile
All I need is 4 audio tracks, 4 midi tracks and an EMU sampler. Sick and tired of being a slave to ableton. I love it, but im giving the whole modern computer software a break (except piggy tracker)

Los Angeles

Yes 5.5.1 is last windows. It's uses a lame dingle dongel so I use a crack even though I purchased

West Yorks, UK

what a bummer.

Presumably the old skool dongles are like hens teeth by now.
I know im on the hunt for an atari cubase 3 one, only option ive seen is 70gbp + for which you may aswell buy new hardware I reckon.