IL, US

don't mind me....

Last edited by e.s.c. (Jun 7, 2013 7:41 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

I read this whole thread.  neutral

BRKfest!

Toronto Area, Canada

You're all gay.

.FILTHadelphia

Potentially there's money in booking and promotion but even then your profit margin is small. You're dealing in a niche market driven mainly by nostalgia. I wish I could tell you you've stumbled into an untapped market just bursting with opportunity but there isn't.

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec

I'm bursting out with opportunity, just sayin'

Abandoned on Fire

These "i wanna help make chiptunesmusic bigger! big_smile " usually get the same (good!) suggestions which all boil down to "be a supportive member of the community".  As in, just do what we are all already doing.  The "meta-question" that maybe we should be looking at is:  Is there anything that actually WOULD make chipmusic available to a much wider audience and do we even WANT to do those things?

Montreal, Canada
XC3N wrote:

I'm bursting out with opportunity, just sayin'

You ate too many burritos again.

Last edited by n00bstar (Jun 7, 2013 6:32 pm)

I don't think I've seen a single person say anything realistic in this thread yet.

The chiptune 'market' is tiny, it's insignificant. Dissonace, you'd be better off taking this kind of attitude and energy toward something else. The majority of ppl who listen to chipmusic are the same people who make it. It's an InDusTry of kids sucking their own dicks; it's not a real part of the music industry at all. RetroGaming is an industry, RetroGaming has a market becuase RetroGaming is an actual product you can sell. "RetroGamingMusic" is not chipmusic and is not a product. Anamanaguchi have become noticed simply because they did a soundtrack for a popular RetroGame. GameSoundtracks are a part of the gaming industry, not the music one. Chipmusic overall is an adolescent/manbabby hobby for dorky white kids of all social classes, music major dropouts/failures and ppl that just generally don't know what the fuck to do with themselves. Probably 1% of the people in the scene actually have careers of some sort.

If you want chipmusic to pheonix-rise from the non existent ashes, make 2,000 games like scottPilGrim and let everyone do a soundtrack. In other words, you're not gonna stake your name in business history or something by tapping into some perceived frontier over here. There is no frontier, it ended in the early 90's with what was the older model of the gaming industry.

.FILTHadelphia
egr wrote:

These "i wanna help make chiptunesmusic bigger! big_smile " usually get the same (good!) suggestions which all boil down to "be a supportive member of the community".  As in, just do what we are all already doing.  The "meta-question" that maybe we should be looking at is:  Is there anything that actually WOULD make chipmusic available to a much wider audience and do we even WANT to do those things?

Why not? If you could make money why wouldn't you?

rochester, ny
gyms wrote:

I don't think I've seen a single person say anything realistic in this thread yet.

Except me.

defiantsystems wrote:
egr wrote:

Why not? If you could make money why wouldn't you?

Becuase then you'd be a huge capitalist faggot. If you wanna MAEKMONYMONYMAEKMONYOMONY then go to school and get a real fucking job that's actually needed in your country.

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec

man... I wish I could suck my own dick! Dissonance, can you think of a business model that would allow chiptune kids to suck their own dicks?

hey it's pretty easy just keep checking your music pages to see how many more listens you've got since last time you checked to see how many listens you got

Toronto Area, Canada
XC3N wrote:

man... I wish I could suck my own dick! Dissonance, can you think of a business model that would allow chiptune kids to suck their own dicks?

8====D

rochester, ny
gyms wrote:

faggot

fuck you dude.

lol sorry are you sensitive to that word, i take it back then.

i think maybe this is what dissonance has in mind for chiptune's untapped business potential http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=39e_1369102454