BOSTON

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec
gyms wrote:

I don't think I've seen a single person say anything realistic in this thread yet.

Hey! wink I Resent That! wink I Actually Made A 150$CAD For A Less Than An Hour Chiptune Performance Damn It! wink

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The biggest market right now is in jefftheworld branded merchandise. I can give you a very generous licensing deal but you'll have to promise certain quality and quantity milestones are met. Email my business guy if interested:

[email protected]

charlie_brown_good_grief.gif

Abandoned on Fire
defiantsystems wrote:
egr wrote:

These "i wanna help make chiptunesmusic bigger! big_smile " usually get the same (good!) suggestions which all boil down to "be a supportive member of the community".  As in, just do what we are all already doing.  The "meta-question" that maybe we should be looking at is:  Is there anything that actually WOULD make chipmusic available to a much wider audience and do we even WANT to do those things?

Why not? If you could make money why wouldn't you?

Well duh.  Of course I would like to make money.  Assuming of course that I didn't have to make any personal compromises that would destroy the very reasons I'm became interested in $$tha chip game$$ in the first place.  Churning out the lofi equivalent of The Goo Goo Dolls or NanoloopLSDJchiptuneLQQK sales schemes is not interesting to me.

i honestly doubt anyone could make money even if they tried, all ethical whatever aside.

money, the stuff you can actually live and pay bills with i mean

edit: yea it was a bit jerky for me to say no one was being realistic, quite a few already stated plainly and truthfully that there really is no market to take advantage of

Last edited by gyms (Jun 7, 2013 7:15 pm)

james primate brought me here

tl;DR doe; got damn

NYC
Dissonance wrote:

Noobstar I have 18 years of experience within a variety of genres.. your aggressive nature isn't appreciated here..

18 years experience but still looking for the big thing? I guess you can count failure as experience too

BOSTON
gyms wrote:

i honestly doubt anyone could make money even if they tried, all ethical whatever aside.

eyo some of us do that doe

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec
invaderbacca wrote:
Dissonance wrote:

Noobstar I have 18 years of experience within a variety of genres.. your aggressive nature isn't appreciated here..

18 years experience but still looking for the big thing? I guess you can count failure as experience too

ooooooh SNAP

BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:
gyms wrote:

eyo some of us do that doe

yea but how sustainable is this really? so you're living month to month, but hey what if you end up with kids or something someday? do you seriously expect to support anyone being a chip artist or some such thing? and i can only assume you live in a bigger city where public transportation is more practical. do you have car or insurance payments to take care of? are you not living with multiple roommates? are your parents 100% not giving you any money to help out on the months you come up a bit short?

this is what i'm talking about. like yea, ICanMakeMoney, but it's kid stuff.

Last edited by gyms (Jun 7, 2013 7:36 pm)

NYC

Can we just lock this already and wait till the low tide washes another on of these horses up? My sticks broken and I have an actual job to do.

BOSTON

this me:

canada

gyms are you going to be at the synclisten

couple pages in and this shti is reading like some Andrew Ryan bioshock Rapture shit

why yes i am in fact live-commentating this thread inside of itself; meta