This is open again?
Awesome Night, after Work entertaiment.

invaderbacca wrote:

Can we just lock this already and wait till the low tide washes another on of these horses up? My sticks broken and I have an actual job to do.

I like the way you phrased this metaphor.

ahahahahaha goddamn

just finished the thread and want to say that 8bc never left; it just officially became this thread

Brunswick, GA USA

If Bright Primate don't want to host a con, maybe one can be grafted into @party, or if people like the idea about having it in a remote vacationing destination with dubious airport access I can start asking the hotels down here... PM if interested.

this is one thing i don't understand about this site: why do so many people start scoffing and crying for thread locks in the heat of discussion? what the hell is that?

ChipCon Dubai 2013

.FILTHadelphia
gyms wrote:
defiantsystems wrote:

Why not? If you could make money why wouldn't you?

Becuase then you'd be a huge capitalist faggot. If you wanna MAEKMONYMONYMAEKMONYOMONY then go to school and get a real fucking job that's actually needed in your country.

Cool internet tough guy attitude.

I have a "real" (whatever that means) job now but if I could make money off of something I like doing why would I refuse that outlet of revenue? You're dumb dude.

yea i sure did play up the stereotypical 'internet tough guy' bit didn't i? yea nice out-of-the-hat phrase

and i'm dumb because? so i was a bit aggressive but it's because i can't take any of this chipmoney talk seriously. 'refuse another outlet of revenue' i like how everyone's a businessman trying to handle their business, man.

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec
chunter wrote:

If Bright Primate don't want to host a con, maybe one can be grafted into @party, or if people like the idea about having it in a remote vacationing destination with dubious airport access I can start asking the hotels down here... PM if interested.

Just come to montreal already, that's what bright primate and ESC are doing #coolpeopledoit

chunter wrote:

also @party is the most horrible idea in this thread yet.

.FILTHadelphia
gyms wrote:

yea i sure did play up the stereotypical 'internet tough guy' bit didn't i? yea nice out-of-the-hat phrase

and i'm dumb because? so i was a bit aggressive but it's because i can't take any of this chipmoney talk seriously. 'refuse another outlet of revenue' i like how everyone's a businessman trying to handle their business, man.

You're dumb because you give the impression that you would refuse money to write music for a living. I don't get it. Does the refusal of that money put you on some higher moral plane of artistry?

defiantsystems wrote:
gyms wrote:

You're dumb because you give the impression that you would refuse money to write music for a living. I don't get it. Does the refusal of that money put you on some higher moral plane of artistry?

no ur dumb! hah!

my point is that no one writes chipmusic for a living outside of what, two groups of people? no one that visits a chipmusic forum is going to be writing chipmusic *for a living* in 2013.

and you can't refuse money that was never really in your hands anyway, what you're talking about is some fantastic hypothetical situation. and from this angle, yes there is a moral issue that pisses me off.

i hate how capitalism has everyone thinking they're so clever and just look to exploit whatever they can for profit. chipmusic in the most common and practical sense is monetarily worthless. but that obviously doesn't mean it has no worth. most people just enjoy making music with neat sounds, enjoying the nostalgia trip/whatever and sharing the experience with friends and other people they meet online. this is not a pipedream btw, this is the reality of what happens every day with hundreds of submissions from people across various sites.

and to take that and convince yourself that there's money to be made isn't just some morally unsound notion, but it just goes to show what a creep you are.

not calling you a creep, not calling you a faggot; i'm speaking on a general ground here

NC in the US of America
gyms wrote:

hey it's pretty easy just keep checking your music pages to see how many more listens you've got since last time you checked to see how many listens you got

Chipmusic.org: The Confessional

Go ahead, man. Let it all out. You don't have to feel about the way you are. There's nothing wrong with writing music to express yourself and hoping that it somehow enriches a fellow person's life in some way. It's okay for you to care if your music holds meaningfulness for somebody other than yourself. I mean, it'd be pretty wanky if you didn't. What would be the point of writing and displaying your art? Wanting to write music for the enjoyment of your fellow man is the opposite of wank.

Intercourse is healthy.

So go ahead, stop beating yourself up over these urges you have. It's okay. Everything is going to be alright. I mean, you write chipmusic. You post it online, so you may as well enjoy it when you see that somebody else appreciates your hard or soft work.

Also, if it's wrong to write music and get paid/compensated for it then all my classical heroes are villains!??!! yikes D: Chipmusic is not any more special than any other type of music. Why does it get such partial treatment?

I don't see how being a musician is not a worthwhile occupation. I mean, music enriches the soul. Without music many people wouldn't even be able to get through their work day, and then the whole work-force would collapse and nobody would be able to do anything that contributes to their community!! ;_;

Edit: I understand that chipmusic is not worth a whole lot of money to a whole lot of people right now, but meh. It's not like a scientific law or something.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jun 7, 2013 9:47 pm)

defiantsystems wrote:
gyms wrote:

if you don't get it then clearly you've never written music for a living.

Chicago IL

what the fuck