is sound supposed to come out of my gameboy's speakers while my headphones are plugged into the 1/8 pro sound jack?

Chicago IL

When you add a second 1/8th" jack, it doesn't have the little switch to tell the GB to turn off the speaker because the headphone jack is in use.

Brisbane, Australia

If you wire the 1/8th" jack to the volume potentiometer backwards this should resolve the issue.
That way when you turn the volume in one direction, the 1/8" jack will get louder, and when you turn it the other way then the speakers will get louder.
Make sense?

Cleveland, OH
jackary wrote:

If you wire the 1/8th" jack to the volume potentiometer backwards this should resolve the issue.
That way when you turn the volume in one direction, the 1/8" jack will get louder, and when you turn it the other way then the speakers will get louder.
Make sense?

This won't work. The pot doesn't work like that. If you install a prosound pre-pot then your prosound will always be full volume and you could then turn your speaker down with the volume pot. This is how all of my personal Game Boys are done.

yeah, i was just wondering because i bought a gameboy from kitsch a while back and I just started to notice it now. People in public asked me to turn it down.

Taichung, Taiwan
Yuler wrote:

People in public asked me to turn it down.

You tell them to suck a fat one!

Last edited by katsumbhong (Jun 8, 2013 4:04 pm)