barf

just curious!

Brunswick, GA USA

In the RL real meatspace meetup friends, people on the internet you share intimate things with anyway, or just general acquaintance?

barf

not necessarily any of those~ just people who you've met through here and are personally invested in the things they do

buffalo, NY

Probably 20-30 people. Go to shows, it's awesome

Detroit

Your all my friends now

Playboy Man-Baby

Something like 8 solely through using the site. Finding out that people on here live relatively nearby is always cool.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Jun 8, 2013 7:26 pm)

washington

i've been to one actual chip show ever, so probably about 1 or 2.

Last edited by basspuddle (Jun 9, 2013 8:07 pm)

barf

no-one over the forum itself?

Brunswick, GA USA

Specifically because of this board? It's hard for me to tell, because this board was the offshoot of another board and is full of people I keep track of from a whole manner of sources. Because of the way "follow me" buttons are left everywhere I don't remember how I find twitter and SoundCloud accounts anymore.

Last edited by chunter (Jun 8, 2013 7:54 pm)

matt's mind

there are dozens and dozens of people in this community, 99% of whom I've never met face to face, that I would call friend.  to different extents sure, and not in the same way as you could have a real life encounter, but seriously a lot of you all are really top notch people and its been a pleasure getting to meet most of you all (in whatever context).

going to shows is by far the best interaction though.  its overly-friendly sometimes to the point of being a bit embarrassing.  compliments and 'whats up's fly everywhere, you hear people geeking out left and right, it doesn't matter who you are or what you're doing there, everyone is there to simply soak up as much as possible of the thing for which they have a deeeeep passion.  its really a nice scene at the live shows i've been able to get to.

basically, i can't count 'friends' in the scene there are so many...  but, the people who aren't so friendly and generally not-my-cup-of-tea, i could give you a pretty short list.   so many friends, so few non-friends....  its a good reflection on a group of people

its also sort of funny, since there is such a strong online component to 'all this', when people try to figure out internet names and real names at the live shows.  i've talked to someone for a while at a show, only to find out after ~15 minutes we knew each other pretty well from online chatting too.  internet/RL collisions are just sort of interesting to me i guess

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

About 50.

ohio gozaimasu

what are friends

New Albany Indiana

including my self.

Last edited by Bit wish (Jun 8, 2013 10:15 pm)

UK, Leicester

I don't know anyone here IRL, so it's not like I've introduced anyone to the site

I wouldn't call anyone here my friend, it's nothing personal, it's just that I don't really talk to anyone here. There are however people who I see around the forum and go "They look like a pretty cool dude"

Chicago IL

FREN

Melbourne, Australia