Portland, OR

Hey, I know this isn't the mod forum, but it's a question, and that forum says no questions.

Anyway, does anyone know of a good toploader NES audio mod tutorial? I've found a lot of people doing video mods, but I'm interested in doing the RCA out audio mod to a toploader, and haven't had much luck finding a how-to. Is it because the board is essentially the same as an original NES? Clearly I don't have one yet, but that's because if I can't mod it, I'm probably not gonna spend $100 on one.

Thanks for any info; as always, sorry if this is redundant, but I looked around a lot before posting and didn't see much of anything.

Tokyo, Japan

I could be deeply stupid here, but doesn't the toploader NES have RCA out already through the Weird ass Nintendo cable?

Portland, OR

As far as I know, the toploader only comes with RF out, but can be modified. But what I really want to do, and probably just didn't explain well, is the mod where you tap the audio directly off the board before it's mixed to mono and run it to two extra audio outs, where one is the two square waves and the other is the triangle, noise and DPCM channel.

Last edited by jerkemy (Jun 9, 2013 5:17 pm)