Hey, sorry if this is the wrong part of the forums to post in for this. I'm have a bit of trouble getting DefleMask to run on my MacBook.
I looked at the FAQ on the official site about it, but I didn't find it clear enough.
I have the same problem as the one below and then one extra.

"Q: On my Mac OS X I get "Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib" and DefleMask won't start, why?

A: You have to move libSDL-1.2.0.dylib file included with DefleMask to usr/local/lib to correctly load the Library."

I can't seem to find usr/local/lib

I did a search on my computer and located a lib folder that came with deflmask and tried moving said files into it but I still have the same problem.
Am I missing something and being stupid?

If anyone has an answer I would really appreciate it.

Or any suggestions for some Sega Genesis VSTs for Milkytracker would be even better!

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Culture (Mar 19, 2013 6:09 am)

Chicago IL

I posted this like 4 times in the deflemask thread. hit command-shift-g and type in /usr/

Chicago IL

also pretty sure milky tracker doesn't support VSTs

Sorry, I must have completely missed that.
I still seem to be having a problem though. I moved the libSDL-1.2.0.dylib and DefleMask into /lib and it's gotten me a little closer to getting the tracker running. It starts to open up and then it quits unexpectedly. Do I literally just move the libSDL-1.2.0.dylib file and DefleMask file into /lib, or am I supposed to being moving the whole DefleMask folder with everything inside it into /lib?

Thanks for the help so far!

Chicago IL

only the .dylib file goes into the lib folder.

awesome thanks.

Los Angeles, CA

For future reference, it isn't strictly necessary to install libsdl in /usr/local/lib to get this to work. You can simply set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to include the current working directory before running.

You can use the following AppleScript (assuming that DefleMask is in /Applications/Deflemask_Mac here; change according to your needs):

do shell script "DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/Applications/DefleMask_Mac /Applications/Deflemask_Mac/DefleMask"

Hope this helps.

Venezuela

do you have any idea if there is any simple way like copy&paste to made this work?, because i will probably use it in different computers with different ppl, so it will be hard to explain each step. If not, i think i should ask delek, or something.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I think that Mac should have something like a bat file to simply move the dylib where it should be. I am at work now, if some Mac fan could upload a script I will update the Mac package to include it with DefleMask.

Los Angeles, CA

Here's an AppleScript application that runs DefleMask with the included SDL dylib without having to install the dylib itself. The application assumes that it is running in the same folder as the dylib.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/739 … leMask.zip

So, drop this in DefleMask_Mac and double-click, and it should run DefleMask.

Last edited by alexras (Jun 8, 2013 8:30 am)

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Many thanks!, I included this script inside the official DefleMask Mac Build. There's a chance to include the executable file inside the .app package?, because I have right now 2 "DefleMask" tasks that will run DefleMask. But this is better than before.

Last edited by Delek (Jun 8, 2013 5:19 pm)

Los Angeles, CA

I think it might be possible to stick it inside the .app's Contents/Resources directory, but it might have problems paths if it assumes that they're relative to the DefleMask binary itself. Sticking it in there and changing the binary path in the script didn't seem to work; haven't looked further than that yet.