Vancouver, Wa

Hi guys! It's come to my attention that I have a pair of DMGs on my desk that nobody's claimed as of yet...

This first one is rather unique, I took a yellow PiL DMG and backlit all the buttons, and then set up a secondary power source for the LEDs that is sound reactive. The secondary source is switched, so you can choose between having the buttons simply backlit and being reactive. I also installed an activity indicator LED beside the switch; This small LED flashes with the music and lets you know at a glance if you're DMG's output is active (which can be real useful if your at events / playing live!). These mods do not rely on a mic to pic up noise btw, so it will only flash and pulse to the beat of your track. To recap, this is a yellow PiL DMG with a green backlight, green backlit buttons, a green activity indicator, green transparent power switch, green power indicator LED, a pro-sound jack in the traditional location, and of course a brand new screen lens. $160 shipped USPS Priority w/ tracking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXfSPP7vquM

The second one is just as cool; It's a green PiL DMG which has my 'advanced' variable pitch mod installed. This mod provides you with a pair of pots instead of the normal single, which allows you to adjust the speed the Gameboy is running at with an unprecedented level of fine tuning. A normal variable pitch mod lets you adjust up and down same as this mod does in essence, but with a main and a secondary you can fine tune your clock rate to the thousandths and find that sweet spot you've been hunting for. If you're looking for maximum crunchy bass, this is the mod for you too; This greenie can hit such slow low lows the thing just about goes backwards. It also has a rather special backlight in it; It is actually custom made, not something anyone could go buy from ASM or NonFi or any of the other vendors. It is based on the original design of the very first backlights to be made; It makes use of a single green 3mm non-smd LED mounted and glued to a panel under the LCD and UV film, and lends a cool classic look thats impossible to achieve with today's gear. Also installed is a 1/8" pro-sound jack in the traditional location, a brand new screen lens with the protective film still in place, and a rare neon green Dpad to give the Gameboy a little more snap (in case the twin chrome metal knobs weren't enough!). I should also point out that the original headphone port notch/hole has been plugged with a carefully cut piece of plastic from a damaged green PiL DMG smile  $160 shipped USPS Priority w/ tracking.

Post your claim here and send me a message to work out the details smile

Check out some more cool stuff or put together a custom order at https://www.facebook.com/burnfingers!

Last edited by Burnfingers (Jun 15, 2013 6:17 pm)

Gosford, Australia

can you turn the button backlights off completely?

Vancouver, Wa
Victory Road wrote:

can you turn the button backlights off completely?

No, not on this one. When the buttons are switched to being sound reactive they are off except when you 'play' a track however, so if power draw is a concern you can leave that engaged.

France

Both are so cool :-) Nice job !