Full details of my "endeavours" around these parts are still undisclosed at this point, but I've been trying to solve this case and clear this controversy of mine up.

Three years ago, thanks to some "internal sources" at other videogame music communities that I've been to, I have been getting many instruments from Super Nintendo games to use in my ModPlug Tracker utility and do some Super Nintendo music style arrangements of modern videogame music tunes. I'm still at it to this day, but on other communities, the response to it has been slim to none.

What I'm wondering and rechecking is that I hope that I'm not the only one in the process who's still determined to keep the Super Nintendo music style alive via arrangmements and such, because as I see it, even though the music strategies of today are still worth respecting, I still love hearing the Super Nintendo music style of things thanks to the games that I've played on that system, plus many others that I've heard from other sources which were from the SNES games.

All right; gotta go. I'm out for now.

Chicago IL

Thanks?

Saskrotch wrote:

Thanks?

Youngstown, OH
MCM Productions wrote:

What I'm wondering and rechecking is that I hope that I'm not the only one in the process who's still determined to keep the Super Nintendo music style alive via arrangmements and such

No, there's a rather alive and active niche of artists doing this, myself included. I think one of the problems you're facing is that cover/arrangements only go so deep with the listener.

MCM Productions wrote:

Full details of my "endeavours" around these parts are still undisclosed at this point, but I've been trying to solve this case and clear this controversy of mine up.

I also think you set yourself up for failure when you kick off a conversation like this. Just honest feedback

Last edited by sleepytimejesse (Jun 12, 2013 7:57 pm)

rochester, ny
MCM Productions wrote:

What I'm wondering and rechecking is that I hope that I'm not the only one in the process who's still determined to keep the Super Nintendo music style alive via arrangmements and such...

What if you were the only person still determined to do this? Would that change anything?

Tokyo, Japan

Was the tl;dr for that

"does anyone want to listen to my mods covering modern game sound tracks with SNES instruments?"?

Lazerbeat wrote:

Was the tl;dr for that

"does anyone want to listen to my mods covering modern game sound tracks with SNES instruments?"?

Oh man, please don't tell me that I was to say it this way from the start! o_O

The answer is yes.

But at least someone stated earlier that I'm not alone in this endeavour in keeping the Super Nintendo music tradition alive.

I'm guessing the best way to announce new stuff posted is via the "Releases" stuff next time around.