Chicago

Hi! Im looking for the best (effective/cheapest) method for seeing my GameBoy (DMG and Colour) screens in the dark. Im hoping for a list of your favorite external peripherals that can hold me over until i have enough for a nice moded DMG.

Taichung, Taiwan

Backlight kit.

Chicago

Im hoping to avoid backlighting at the moment
but I've totally looking into those for the future!

Maine

i heard the worm lights are good for the color

New Albany Indiana

Flashlight
Emulator
Chadaleer
Torch
Light bulb
Sunlight
Matches
Campfire
Pay some one to mod it.

Canada

Nyko Worm Light under the covers all night, every night!

Seriously though, backlight for DMG, front light for CGB (unless someone's found a way to backlight them now?).

EDIT: Wow, didn't even see someone beat me with the worm light suggestion. Oh well...

Last edited by Kramlack (Jun 15, 2013 5:28 am)

Taichung, Taiwan

You'll be spending as much money on a light as a backlight kit itself.

Maine
katsumbhong wrote:

You'll be spending as much money on a light as a backlight kit itself.

more or less

a worm light on ebay is about 10 bucks

a backlight kit is around 15

he might also not have the tools to do it himself so that would be more money in tools

SLC, UT

I'll give you the light in my sale thread for ten bucks shipped. It's at the very bottom.

Abandoned on Fire

These work great for a gbc.  Throw that button cover in the trash though.  The light also acts as a screen cover when it's flipped down to prevent scratching and best of all it's powered by the link port so no extra batteries.

Chicago
egr wrote:

These work great for a gbc.  Throw that button cover in the trash though.  The light also acts as a screen cover when it's flipped down to prevent scratching and best of all it's powered by the link port so no extra batteries.

That seems like a really good choice for the GBC!
Ive seen a couple of Chip-Artists using this one (http://www.amazon.com/Nuby-Game-Light-B … game+light)

if anyone has one, id be down for buying it!

Chicago
egr wrote:

That seems like a really good choice for the GBC!
Ive seen a couple of Chip-Artists using this one (http://www.amazon.com/Nuby-Game-Light-B … game+light)

if anyone has one, id be down for buying it!

Abandoned on Fire

Here ya go: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Boy-Color- … 1c332e0333

Murcia, Spain

I have one like this from my early years:

Far more fashionable!

Los Angeles, CA
DogTag wrote:

I have one like this from my early years:

Far more fashionable!

Hah man, I used that at almost every Wizwars show in 2011...

washington

nuby game lights for the dmg are pretty janky but that's why i like them. one can find them for around $10 on ebay, but like anything else there are high and low prices.

because realistically, if you're chill with waving around a fat plastic brick onstage, why not make it bigger?

edit: they were made for dmgs, but with enough duct tape you can make it fit on any gameboy.

Last edited by basspuddle (Jun 16, 2013 5:23 am)