LA:CA

While restoring one of the greyboys I picked up suffering major battery corrosion I managed to strip about 75% of the screws. Is there anywhere I can buy new screws for the DMG? I know you can fix them or make a pen mold but i'm just interested in putting it back together and being able to access the internals with ease.

Brisbane, Australia

I have plenty of spare DMG screws. I could hit you up with a full replacement set (both x and y screws).
Thing is that i live in australia. Postage wouldn't be much to CA. PM me if you'd like.

Taichung, Taiwan

ebay.

If you stripped the philips head style, you can use a flat tip to cross the stripped out portion of the philips head and take them off.

Take your time. Plastic breaks. Tiny metal pieces break.

SLC, UT

Any specification I can look for?

Brisbane, Australia

As you can see, i'm not low on them at all wink I'm fairly certain i could put them in a normal envelope so shipping wouldn't be more than $2.50 or something.

UK, Leicester
jackary wrote:

As you can see, i'm not low on them at all wink I'm fairly certain i could put them in a normal envelope so shipping wouldn't be more than $2.50 or something.

I wish my bits box was that populated

LA:CA

@Jackary- I'm going to look around to see if I can get it locally. Is there any specifics to the screw or could I just get it at lowes? I will PM you if all else fails and its not an urgency but I'd like to address it in due time.

@alpine- Hell I wish I had a bits box let alone a tool set all I got currently is a big and small philips/flat head and a triwing

UK, Leicester

Hehe, that's how it starts out, but as you take apart, and buy (and magically attract) more and more tat, it starts to build up into a sizable collection.

NC in the US of America

I did a quick google search and found getlofi.com. He was not able to find properly threaded screws at his local hardware store. Hope that little tidbit of information is useful to you.

It'd be nice if somebody could find out the specs on the Gameboy screws. I'd do it, but I don't have the proper equipment to measure them.

Montreal, Canada

There are ways to fit different screws in there. You can go with a slightly bigger screw, it will make its own threads. Or you can put some epoxy in the screw hole and let it dry, then you can fit another size of screw in there.

A good habit to have is.. whenever you're about to throw dead electronics in the trash, rape the corpses first. Screwns, pots, faders, microswitches, etc. Eventually, you'll have use for those pieces. And if you're like me and have absolutely no shame, when you see some old VCR or whatever in the trash, pick it up and harvest it before putting it back in the trash.

UK, Leicester
n00bstar wrote:

There are ways to fit different screws in there. You can go with a slightly bigger screw, it will make its own threads. Or you can put some epoxy in the screw hole and let it dry, then you can fit another size of screw in there.

A good habit to have is.. whenever you're about to throw dead electronics in the trash, rape the corpses first. Screwns, pots, faders, microswitches, etc. Eventually, you'll have use for those pieces. And if you're like me and have absolutely no shame, when you see some old VCR or whatever in the trash, pick it up and harvest it before putting it back in the trash.

Or don't throw it out in the first place