West Yorks, UK

What's the best software to make use of an amiga as a midi controllable sampler? I am wanting to sequence it externally using an amiga midi interface + sequencer, thus integrating it into my modern pc setup.

Is anyone out there piping midi into their mig for anything other than beat clock? What with? and what for? smile

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey, I'm sorry that this post is going to be insanely unhelpful but I'm pretty sure I've seen a video in which someone uses a modern midi controller to trigger samples on their Amiga but I can't find the video anywhere and I'm not sure what the implementation was in that case.

At least it's possible but I'm not sure if that was a totally hacked together custom implementation or a simple piece of software.

Montreal, Canada

Don't quote me on that.. but I think you could pull it off with Octamed.

Sweden

I think this is the one I used. It's good! I used it to play back some drum machine samples using the ER-1 sequencer.

Milwaukee, WI

I had the same exact question a few months back and was totally fucking ignored. Dicks.

Octamed doesn't allow for more than one sample at a time with MIDI IN triggering, even at that you cannot switch samples externally. There's a way to get around this using two Amigas running Octamed SoundStudio, but it never really worked anyway. Boomlinde is correct. That MIDIIN32 utility worked from what I remember. Although, I think there were a few issues with different versions/betas/abandonware/etc so YMMV.

Last edited by TSC (Jun 29, 2013 1:43 pm)

West Yorks, UK

Thanks guys!

Octamed is capable, yes, but limited in this regard as mentioned. Il look into Lindes' suggestion now.

TSC: too bad, but I guess you have an answer now! Maybe we can collaborate on some crunch sample goodness.

West Yorks, UK

Linde that looks awesome! Rerouting midi from a program running on the mig?! Thats some adanced shit. I have to use osculator to do that on mac!

Thanks so much for the suggestion