Gosford, Australia

http://alexlanemusic.bandcamp.com/album/square-eyes

so my bud alex lane here played the open mic at square sounds melbourne and was really good. now he's got an EP of LSDJ tunes out and it's generally fantastic!

it's packed full of sweet grooves, low-slung rhythms and unique melodic flair.

so yeah, go download it and stuff

This is great. I love the beat on Criterion Fail.

Melbourne, Australia

Yay! He was so good atthe pen mic - will listening to this when I get home tonight smile

Melbourne, Australia

Yup, all-round-nice-guy-extraordinaire; Alex Lane.

NC in the US of America

Funky baroque dance music with vgm undertones. I can see how this stuff would be fun live. big_smile

I like how he kind of mixes up the 4x4 beat with some other stuff in the first track.

4x4 dance music gets emotionally exhausting for me after awhile, but this is still cool stuff.

hardcore, Australia

deleted

Last edited by godinpants (May 14, 2020 11:09 pm)

ohio gozaimasu

This has a really nice groove to it

Last edited by Cooshinator (Jul 5, 2013 3:18 am)

Gosford, Australia
SketchMan3 wrote:

4x4 dance music gets emotionally exhausting for me after awhile, but this is still cool stuff.

as someone whose chip stuff consists of almost nothing but 180+ bpm 4x4 stuff, i can definitely see where you're coming from!
"The Upstart" is a great little breather track (not to mention those sweet, sweet noise kicks)

this might also be a good time to mention that alex and i are working on a split/collab ep which you will either love or hate, depending on your ideals for chip music as a medium.

spoilers: we're doing covers :v

Last edited by Victory Road (Jul 5, 2013 3:16 am)

buffalo, NY

this is cool!

Newcastle, Australia

Hey massive thanks for posting this / having a listen guys. Much appreciated.

perth, WA

looking forward to wrapping my ears around this