Bucks County, PA

Hey Guys!

A couple months ago i saw a post where someone had drawn up a schematic for a circuit base around the ATmega328 that worked basically as a internal ArduinoBoy, but was all on a central chip!  Of course i can't find that post now, but i was really excited to see this new approach to the ArduinoBoy, as currently making them making them requires a lot of messy wiring and space: to have everything on a board would be great!

The design did bring along a couple issues tough; programming the chip would have to be done before it's attachment, plus you'd have to solder SMD, which isn't always easy.  So after a long night, i present you with this:

A shield for the Pro Mini that's both small enough to fit (while attached to the Mini) in a DMG, and houses all components on board!

I've not had any boards made yet, but i'm thinking of putting an order in in about a week, it's cheaper to buy in bulk though, so if anyone's interested, i'd love to get these out there!  Thanks to Apeshit's suggestions, I'll be working on a a newer, more compact version, so I can't quote a price as of now, but i can say the board itself will be under $10!  If you have questions about the board, feel free to post- i'm really hoping for some feed back on what you guys think!

Cheers,
          DS

Last edited by DipSwitch (Jul 9, 2013 9:07 pm)

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:40 am)

Bucks County, PA

Oh wow! Thanks for the tips!  Looking back, i may have gotten to excited about this, and published this a bit soon hmm

This is the first board i've done on this program too, so i'm still figuring it all out..

I'll work on a newer version of the board sometime soon though!  A few of the traces that are shrunk only because of space, but i'm sure a better design could fix that!  I suppose you're also right about the SMDs, i might even just order the parts and solder them here anyway!  I didn't know about the angled traces- i'll be sure to keep an eye on that in the next version!

I was able to slide a mini, and a mock up board i put together beside the regulator, but i also dremeled out the pieces that hold it in place- giving it some more room, slipped my mind though, thanks for mentioning!

I'll be sure to keep updated!