Florida

I know there is a thread on this already, but it hasn't helped me. I just got my Mega Memory card and I tried the method transferring the data from the camera to the EMS, but its not working. the EMS cart wont even fit on the memory card correctly, It resets if its moved even in the slightest. when I finally managed to get to where I can "restore" the gb camera rom it doesn't work. It goes boop and thats it. I tried with the EMS cart blank, and with a gb camera rom booted into it. I just dont know how to do this... Detailed instructions would be so awesome.

Last edited by Boy Without Batteries (Jul 16, 2013 8:27 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan

I think there's a thread somewhere here about how to do this... maybe 3 threads.

Murcia, Spain

I did it with my EMS cart and MMC and had 0 problems...

katsumbhong wrote:

I think there's a thread somewhere here about how to do this... maybe 3 threads.

Boy Without Batteries wrote:

I know there is a thread on this already, but it hasn't helped me.

just sayin wink

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jul 16, 2013 8:54 pm)

Florida
katsumbhong wrote:

I don't think you read my first sentence. All of them trail off into taking about tech stuff that I dont understand. I just need to know what I'm doing wrong, or "GB Camera to PC for Dummies" instructions

Murcia, Spain

The process is:
Take your GBCam, dump it into the MMC backup memory. Take your EMS cart, send the backup data of your GBCam into it. Take your EMS cart, dump the .sav in your PC. Extract the images with whatever program able to do that (GB Camera Dump if I recall correctly).

Just in case your missing something.

Florida
DogTag wrote:

The process is:
Take your GBCam, dump it into the MMC backup memory. Take your EMS cart, send the backup data of your GBCam into it. Take your EMS cart, dump the .sav in your PC. Extract the images with whatever program able to do that (GB Camera Dump if I recall correctly).

Yup, I tried exactly that. the MMC does not acknowledge the EMS cart and when it does The whole thing wont boot period. Also does your EMS move around freely when connected to the MMC? Mine wont lock in place.

Taichung, Taiwan
Boy Without Batteries wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

I don't think you read my first sentence. All of them trail off into taking about tech stuff that I dont understand. I just need to know what I'm doing wrong, or "GB Camera to PC for Dummies" instructions

What version of Windows are you using.

We won't know what you are doing wrong unless you give a full run down of the process you are following... in detail.

Florida

I'm using Windows vista. I already backed up the camera onto the MMC. I plugged in my EMS into the PC and removed any rom that was on there (I clicked "format", I dont know any other way to take roms off of the EMS cart). When I attach the EMS to the MMC It is very loose so I try to keep it as still as possible. When I press "restore" nothing happens so I assumed that the EMS wasnt making contact since it was so loose. I tried lightly pressing the cart against the contacts, turned it on and it wont even boot. Just a blank screen.

sweden

What version of the MMC do you have? (Yelllow or black)
What EMS cart are you using? (32M (blue) or 64M (Black))
What kind of Game Boy are you using?

Not sure if I understood it correct but afaik most GB Camera ROMs wont work on EMS carts.

DogTag wrote:

The process is:

This is all that's to it. Where in this process do you encounter problems?

Florida

Yellow MMC, 64M EMS, and I've tried my GB Color and GBA SP. I just cant get the MMC to put the camera data on the EMS. I dont know why...

Easton, PA, USA

I used to always put a cam rom on to the ems, and make sure no other .savs were on the card. I forgot once and it turned out fine, but that's how I did it. keeping fresh batteries and laying to gameboy on a flat surface while it did it's thing kept me from bumping it. try that with the color.

Florida

I just now tried that and still only got a blank screen. I even put in a fresh battery

EDIT: If I put the EMS cart circuit board into a GBC cart would it work?

Last edited by Boy Without Batteries (Jul 16, 2013 10:18 pm)

I remember of a PD rom that behaved as a GB Printer, you would link up 2 gameboys, the gameboy would with the gbprinter rom would display on screen what the other gameboy "printed".
I don't remember if this rom saved the printed pictures. But maybe you can look into that?

EDIT: and by that i mean if you can link up 2 gameboys, one with the gbcamera, the other with the "gbprinter rom" (flashed on your EMS) you can then backup the save file from the gbprinter rom and use it.

EDIT2: the name of the rom is Gameboy Printer Emulator V1.0 by Jeff Frohwein (PD). I'd post a link to it, but I'm not sure it'd be legal since the site also hosts illegal roms.

Last edited by SlurpeeMachine (Jul 16, 2013 11:53 pm)

Riverside, CA

I remember I had to use a GBA with the MMC so that the cart wouldn't get bumped as easily.

NC in the US of America

So i have no idea about this but you said you formatted the ems to remove all rom from it? But zerolanding said he puts a camera rom in the ems before transferring. Mmiht this be where the problem lies? Sorry if im missing something  obvious. Just trying to be helpful.