ad-hell-aide

"Here is how to construct a basic Commodore 64 MIDI interface. It gives the user real-time control over the SID chip via MIDI data in terms of basic synthesis. If you already have access to an Arduino, then this could be quite affordable. The setup (and the outcome) is relatively simple, but it works fine for me and what I need it for. You can use either a MIDI connection or a USB connection with a software-based serial to MIDI converter patch."

Read more: http://little-scale.blogspot.com/2010/0 … rface.html

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

You never cease to amaze me.

ad-hell-aide

smile

Minneapolis

What is the crazy crunching sound in the background? A bad fan? Washing machine? Pretty cool stuff though.

ad-hell-aide

Can't remember - sorry sad

London, UK

I don't have a C64 any more, but was really excited to see you've done a serial - MIDI patch!

Xonthox

is this another piece of hardware we'll never be allowed to have?

ad-hell-aide

I do not understand your comment in the context of this thread.

You are most welcome to build your own, Hawkfather. All of the information is there, in that post, along with my offer to help out with more information to anyone for whom the post isn't clear.

Great work. Maybe I'm missing something but what is the Commodore software that you use to produce sound?

ad-hell-aide
Blogpost wrote:

Software
Download the Arduino code, and upload it to your board or chip.
Download the C64 program and put it onto an EPROM-based cart or other C64 memory device.
Download the midi2ser patch (if using the USB option under OS X)

It's a simple piece of software that takes data from the userport and sends it to the SID.

cool as fuck

NSW, Australia
Hawkfather wrote:

is this another piece of hardware we'll never be allowed to have?

Hahaha, you obviously didn't click the link. Anyway, great work Seb!

ad-hell-aide

Cheers, Nue! smile