Philadelphia PA

I've done a bit of songwriting in LSDJ and a helluva lot of work in FL Studio so after putting together my Arduinoboy, I thought I might marry the two. My problem is that I cannot, for the life of me, get FL Studio to send anything recognizable to my Game Boy. The Arduinoboy works fine with a MIDI keyboard, but not with FL Studio. I'm getting a MIDI signal coming out of my USB-MIDI adapter, but I'm missing something that is probably painfully obvious. Does anyone here have experience with this setup and can tell me what I'm doing wrong? What are the settings that you use with your MIDI out channel that communicate with the Game Boy?

sweden

What kind of midi signal are you sending?

Philadelphia PA

I just made a MIDI out channel, made a simple pattern, and pushed play. The output in the settings seems fine, but I don't have much experience with MIDI. Is there something special I should be putting into the channel, bank, port, or patch?

sweden

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do. Do you want to midi sync it with FL or do you want to send midi notes to LSDJ?

Philadelphia PA

I'm trying to send MIDI notes from FL to the Gameboy (mGB or LSDJ). That way I can visually construct the songs in FL like I'm familiar with but still use the original hardware.

sweden

If you want to use a game boy as a midi sound module I recommend that you us mGB instead of LSDJ. Just make sure that you've configured your midi channels so you send(FL) and receive(mGB) on the same channels.

Mexico

IN FL Studio In Midi Settings I use port 1 then I create a new channel with Midiout and set de port channel 1, and use the 1-5 channels for mGB, actualy you can create 5 midiout channels on Fl Studio all with port 1 channel and the first one set it on channel one, the second with channel 2 etc... so you can use all channels at the same time on FL Secuencer or you can switch them with midi keyboard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le3UOgBRq_Q

Kyle, Tx

Excuse my newness but I have used the search function as well as googled arduinoboy but all i can find is diy kits. what is the use of an arduinoboy. it looks neat and I kinda want one but im not totally sure what theyre for.

Mexico

IndigoChild, just search arduinoboy on youtube there are tons of videos explaining smile

Kyle, Tx

Oh duh. I commonly forget about youtube as a resource. I usually use it to look up aa song quick to see if its the right song haha. Precitate it bud.

NC in the US of America
maniacfreakquency wrote:

IndigoChild, just search arduinoboy on youtube there are tons of videos explaining smile

and maybe you can post your results here so that this site has some useful information that can actually help answer people's questions when they search so that those who come after you don't have to go to "outside sources" for information smile

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jul 19, 2013 8:55 pm)

Kyle, Tx

Consider it done. I am currently on a 5 hour drive but when I get to my laptop it shal be done.

Mexico

https://code.google.com/p/arduinoboy/ heres the description, how to, video examples, download code, schematics, etc...