[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 9:11 pm)

Kyle, Tx

You dont need someone with epic photoshop skills do you? For the cover I mean, or is that done already. I would love a CD btw

Texas

Definitely! Though I'd fantasize about a vinyl release at the same time tongue

montreal, qc

Be careful about this if you're doing your own mail distribution.
I had to stop selling my physical releases because Canada Post had a success rate of 85%.
I'd have people who never got their copies spamming me with hate mail, 3 months later, when I had no clue that they never received what I mailed out.

NC in the US of America

I'd love for "How To Heal A Broken Heart" to have a physical release although I probably would not end up ordering it... >_>

But I think it is worthy of it. Equal parts delicate, strong, sensitive, confronting, flowers and football, it's my favorite of your releases by far. heart Great summer cruising music heart

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:12 pm)

i read on a blog that ~100 plays on bandcamp etc translates to one physical sale. maybe the ratio is slightly more favourable in a niche scene like this though

Madriz, Supain

Get some of those profesionally printed cd-rs, print a decent cover and sell it not so expensive. Dont expect to make any money and have fun putting random shit in the mailbags (stickers and the such).

sandneil wrote:

i read on a blog that ~100 plays on bandcamp etc translates to one physical sale. maybe the ratio is slightly more favourable in a niche scene like this though

That number is kinda optimistic, but real.

Massachusetts, USA

I did a short run (100 discs) of my most recent EP with Disc Makers, and while I don't sell many through my bandcamp site, I have sold some at every live show I've done since. If you play live often, I'd recommend it! People who have a larger online following than myself probably sell more online... I guess that is not much of an insightful observation, but hey, I'm not a very insightful guy.

Unsubscribe

Also consider sending free ones to as many media outlets, college radio djs, twitter super studs as you can find.

Youngstown, OH

Physical merch does so much better in a live setting. Vice versa, things such as download codes/cards have, in my experience with prior band, flopped hard in the live setting. Like we never sold not one. Could hardly give them away. I think people just want to buy something and have it, mostly. Online, that means not waiting for shipping. IRL, that means not having to risk a complicated/problematic download process once they get home.

That being said this information is relevant only if profit from unloading the order to fans is the number one incentive. There's also something to be said about getting merch just to have it around, have friends and family buy/rep it, maybe sell to fans at some gigs etc.

Tokyo, Japan
Feryl wrote:

I've been kind of thinking about doing a short-and-sweet run of physical CDs; maybe for "How to Heal a Broken Heart". Would any of you guys be interested in Feryl CDs?

Why not use Kunaki? http://www.kunaki.com/

[removed]

Brunswick, GA USA

How long has ilkae been using ant1's av picture? wink

NC in the US of America

Maybe this is unprofessional, but whenever I burn a cd of an album I've downloaded and there is extra space on the disc I usually throw in a random compilation of other songs that I like (or if there is a song I don't like from the original album I'll replace it with something else, heehee). So I was thinking maybe you could throw in some songs from your other releases or singles that have been well-received in general as bonus tracks or something if you have the extra space, I dunno... It seems a bit unprofessional, but just throwing it out there.

chunter wrote:

How long has ilkae been using ant1's av picture? wink

Haha! chunter I was wondering the same thing.

[removed]