southampton, uk

After about 10 minutes after turning on my computer, the screen freezes and small graphics glitches appear all over it, though the screen can still be seen behind the glitches. About 5 seconds after this happens, the computer goes into a BSOD which also has small visual glitches on it. My computer reboots about 5 seconds after the BSOD first appears and all of the screens, the motherboard logo screen and stuff all have glitches on and when the computer starts loading windows it goes into a BSOD again. I have to leave the computer for 20 minutes+ before I can turn it on again for 10 minutes. I have currently disabled my graphics card but I am still going through the graphics card output and it is working fine, however I can not play games and the system theme is refusing to be anything apart from Vista Basic. Please help me guys D:

My Computers specs:
Manufacturer: Zoostorm
Model: G31 VP Series M10
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
RAM: 4GB
System Type: 32-bit
Graphics card: BFG NVidia GeForce 9800GT

NYC

your video card sounds toast, maybe try another video card or try to flash your bio's. Theres no over clocking done to it right?

southampton, uk

i just disabled it for a while and enabled it and its working but i dont know how long it will last for. the card came pre overclocked. its this one: http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgr98512gtoce.aspx

Milton Keynes, England

try pressing more buttons...

Ciudad de méxico, MX

You can try a linux live CD ( ubuntu for example). that way you can tell if is a hardware or a software problem. Just google for it, the live CD feature is really straightforward.

AND I guess you're asking in the wrong forums, you can expect better answer in a Computer's issues forum.

Nomad's Land

sounds to me like either your graphics card or your cpu are overheating. have you checked if the fans are working correctly?

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Apr 5, 2010 2:43 pm)

send it to me

Milan, Italy

just try to make some parts swap..
first change the graphic card.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐
invaderbacca wrote:

your video card sounds toast

t h i s

Cambridge UK

I'm with Analog on this one : boot from a Linux live CD (The Unbuntu one is really, really easy to use). You'll at least know if it's software or hardware related. And whatever the case is, that live CD comes with a couple of nifty diagnostic tools. I always keep one on hand for troubleshooting.

NYC
George wrote:

I'm with Analog on this one : boot from a Linux live CD (The Unbuntu one is really, really easy to use). You'll at least know if it's software or hardware related. And whatever the case is, that live CD comes with a couple of nifty diagnostic tools. I always keep one on hand for troubleshooting.

test out the ram too. Since you have a PCIx video card maybe try a old pci video card.

Westcoast Norway

I am amazed no one has mentioned the PSU yet. They are often the root of much pain and evil.