Kyle, Tx

Oh no proplem. I wasnt condeming you for it. I was just saying im sorry you feel that way if you were intending negative action. smile
Im here to make friends and learn. I didnt understand why there was hostility.
I aappreciate the honesty though.

Texas

This thread is a trip to read, ahaha. I really appreciate you guys replying to it.

Plantation, Florida

Synesthesia is actually a pretty fun thing to have for me.  it's cool how when I close my eyes and listen to chip everything sort of just gets beautiful.

hardcore, Australia

deleted

Last edited by godinpants (May 14, 2020 11:06 pm)

canada
godinpants wrote:

Synesthesia is like OCD, everyone on the internet will tell you they have it.

that tasted rude

hardcore, Australia

deleted

Last edited by godinpants (May 14, 2020 11:06 pm)

Texas

Well, .05% of the population has it. What percentage of peeps are chip musicians?

Kyle, Tx
wailord wrote:
godinpants wrote:

Synesthesia is like OCD, everyone on the internet will tell you they have it.

that tasted rude

You had me laughing so hard at that hear hurts now.

Dr. Kent Hovind with Creation Science Evolution stated once that heaven will enable all of our senses in a brand new way. He said you could taste the color yellow if you wanted to. I do not like Dr. Hovind because some of his theories are exactly what he preaches against. But even as a spiritualist what I would be willing to call heaven there are going to be a new aray of colors and new sounds that you have never heard before. Imagine 4th Dimentional music. What a pleasure that would be.

Texas
IndigoChild wrote:

But even as a spiritualist what I would be willing to call heaven there are going to be a new aray of colors and new sounds that you have never heard before. Imagine 4th Dimentional music. What a pleasure that would be.

That's beautiful.

I dislike spiritualism and that was so new-age I nearly died with mild frustration.
But to add to your hopes: ever imagined colors that we haven't seen before? Chances are that they exist.

Light is a form of electromagnetic radiation. Only 1% (nonscientific number) of all electromagnetic radiation is visible to the human eye. X-rays, microwaves, radio waves are all electromagnetic radiation too. And UltraViolet too, the invisible color. So maybe they're all colors, and we can't see them. Maybe there's a hundredfold of colors all around us, and we don't have the capabilities too see them?

I've heard bugs are capable of seeing more colors than us, not sure about that tho, but it adds to the thrill.

Also, no. I can't see notes. Because I'm too bad at music ATM to recognize a tone, a chord, a key by ear. Guess all notes look ultraviolet too me.

Yes, mine is quite specific as well.
C is Red
C# is brown
D is like a lighter red-ish pink
D# is dark blue
E is light blue
F is light Green
F# is Dark Green 
G is yellow
G# is Pinkish Purple
A is Pink
A# is Dark Purple
B is Orange

Lower Octaves look like those colors through a tinted window and the lower the octave the darker the tint until a note is so low it is black. Higher Octaves have a shine or glow to them until the note is so high that it's pure white. When the notes are out of tune the hue changes and the colors just look off. Like washed out or, when the contrast/color on a TV is wrong. This helps me to tell you what note something is just by listening to it and I have to see the color first and then remember what letter that color/note is. Also, if there is a chord it's like boxes of those colors washed in whatever note the chord is in. Like C major is C,E,G. A box of Red, Light Blue, and Yellow, tinted in a red-ish glow. Tones like sawtooth and square wav can change the shape of the boxes to more angular or smooth and rounded depending on the tone generated. Strangely, square waves feel smooth and circular to me where as sawtooth feels more angular like a triangle or diamond . White noise gives it a texture of sand, and drums in general lack color. Black blocks for Deep kicks, Grey blocks for mid pitched snares, and white blocks and rectangles for hi-hats and a weird whitish grey ripple effect for crash cymbals. Tom drums can be light or dark depending on the pitch and have a circular shape like a square wave.

I think that covers most of it but if someone has more questions about what certain things look like, I can try to answer it. Interesting topic big_smile.

Gosford, Australia

@jredd: does microtonal or non-chromatic music change how your colour-note coding works?

matt's mind

i have synesthesia under the influence of max/msp

NC in the US of America

when I was a child certain foods tasted like certain colors to me, but I don't know if that was actually synesthesia or just an active imagination, haha.

when i listen to anything it paints a colour in my head

UK

Everyone has this in some form. We learn by association of senses.