World

Last edited by luftek (Aug 8, 2017 8:18 pm)

Kyle, Tx

I would love it if LSDj didnt use just about every key combo.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The Game Boy joypad is read as follows:

Bit5   Bit4
Bit3  DOWN   START
Bit2  UP     SELECT
Bit1  LEFT   B
Bit0  RIGHT  A

It's also obvious that LEFT+ RIGHT and UP + DOWN are difficult or impossible to do physically.

Not sure if either of those facts help you at all, but more information can't hurt.

Why not make it work off the contrast potentiometer? Everytime the pot is set all the way up (blank screen), cycle through one stage of the color/function rotation. Wouldn't be hard to scroll up, wiggle your thumb a few times to cycle through to the right setting, then readjust the contrast.

Just a thought, not sure how easy it would be to take advantage of those connections.

World

Last edited by luftek (Aug 8, 2017 8:17 pm)

Kyle, Tx

Well no but isnt that a little overboard for that. If you got a single color i like the contrast wheel idea. I think the micro uses the volume button for digital brightness setting. I used to have the afterburner installed on my gba and that used button press combos like thiis but i cant for the life of me recall what it was

Jyväskylä, Finland
IndigoChild wrote:

Well no but isnt that a little overboard for that. If you got a single color i like the contrast wheel idea. I think the micro uses the volume button for digital brightness setting. I used to have the afterburner installed on my gba and that used button press combos like thiis but i cant for the life of me recall what it was

Didn't Afterburner use thumbwheel- like potentiometer?

And for Micro you have to press right shoulder button and volume buttons to change the brightness.

What comes for button combiations, LSDJ doesn't use A + SELECT(?). Would it be possible to toggle colours using this combination?

Pale wrote:

Didn't Afterburner use thumbwheel- like potentiometer?

And for Micro you have to press right shoulder button and volume buttons to change the brightness.

What comes for button combiations, LSDJ doesn't use A + SELECT(?). Would it be possible to toggle colours using this combination?

Afterburner could be installed with a plain set resistor, a switch, but a pot was indeed ideal.

The Micro requires you use the L button in conjunction with the volume buttons to change the brightness. It would be super awkward to do with the R button if that function existed.

Also, about button presses in LSDJ...
http://www.littlesounddj.com/lsd/latest … _3_7_4.pdf
LSDJ Uses:

All single buttons
All directions + Select
A + Select
B + Select
A + all directions
B + all direction
Select + Start

Most button options + Start are free to use, but not advisable for LSDJ.

Basically, you are stuck with a hardware trigger, a hardware button, or some crazy logic gate work. Perhaps holding different buttons at bootup (while the Nintendo logo loads?), I'm assuming you are using logic gates which would allow for this, correct?

World

Kyle, Tx

Im thinking if you could add some sort of analogue resister that you can change with the contrast wheel while holding B+A that would be ideal for LSDJ, But this is strictly thinking about LSDj

Jyväskylä, Finland
thebitman wrote:

The Micro requires you use the L button in conjunction with the volume buttons to change the brightness. It would be super awkward to do with the R button if that function existed.

Dang, I remembered that wrong. tongue

A+B+START+SELECT opens up littleFM if installed.

something like B+up+select might work, but if you don't press them all at the same time, you might trigger something.

World

Kyle, Tx

DO IT! WHY HAVNT YOU DOWNLOADED IT YET!!!

My god man whats wrong with you.

World

washington

if done right, this could be super dope! big_smile