Texas
wailord wrote:

can we seriously just talk about lizard overlords tho i have tons of sources with no name/certifications/dates/website design prowess to show you

Sweden
sleepytimejesse wrote:

Well then this we can agree on, I never said that anything else was irrelevant, because everything is math. I only brought to this website inhabitated by musicians that examples are to be drawn by music, boomlinde.

Explain what you mean by "everything is math" -- I agree in the sense that you can apply mathematics pretty much everywhere, but that's not to say that everything is maths. It's like saying that everything is a drawing because you can picture it on paper. Which is pretty much also the basis of my whole argument, so feel free to pick it apart.

Let's be honest - In fact, everybody could pretend to have synesthesia?
So, what's the difference between synesthesia and astrology? I mean everybody can tell me: "Dude, i see colors if i listend to music!" or "Hey man, i can taste that sweet jams." without beeing able to proof is he for real or just tripping on shrooms.

I mean cool if you have this abilities, but for me it just sounds like astrology-bullshit. Sorry.

Sweden
9-Heart wrote:

Let's be honest - In fact, everybody could pretend to have synesthesia?
So, what's the difference between synesthesia and astrology? I mean everybody can tell me: "Dude, i see colors if i listend to music!" or "Hey man, i can taste that sweet jams." without beeing able to proof is he for real or just tripping on shrooms.

I mean cool if you have this abilities, but for me it just sounds like astrology-bullshit. Sorry.

You could pretend a lot of things, but I don't think that that alone is a valid reason to dismiss it as "astrology-bullshit". As far as you know, the world only exists in your head, but unless you're high or a hermit philosopher you don't go around dismissing the unknown on that basis.

Last edited by boomlinde (Jul 30, 2013 2:36 pm)

Everyone can pretend. Some people are forced to subject to correlations their minds draw on a very consistent basis. Astrology is glorified fortune cookie-esque bullshit. Synthesia is a sensual bridge that is unique to everyone who has it.

It's like apples and anvils, synthesia and astrology.

Texas
thebitman wrote:

It's like apples and anvils, synthesia and astrology.

Agreed.

killadelphia

astrology vrs. the scientific method.  try it!

San Diego, CA

y'all should read some wittgenstein seriously

Canada

I really wish I had synesthesia. It seems so cool!!!! I have Tourettes Syndrome and some other stuff (OCD, ADHD, Aspergers) but no synesthesia.

Although sometimes when i think about the different elements in a song and try to isolate them in my mind, I think of shapes and colours of each element. But that's probably not anything like synesthesia...

Sometimes these rare genetic differences can be interesting. Like those people that have differently-coloured eyes or vestigial tails.

I can't wait for transhumanism to be a real thing so I can grow a tail or an antennae or whatever!!!!!

killadelphia
UncleBibby wrote:

I really wish I had synesthesia. It seems so cool!!!! I have Tourettes Syndrome and some other stuff (OCD, ADHD, Aspergers) but no synesthesia.

Although sometimes when i think about the different elements in a song and try to isolate them in my mind, I think of shapes and colours of each element. But that's probably not anything like synesthesia...

Sometimes these rare genetic differences can be interesting. Like those people that have differently-coloured eyes or vestigial tails.

I can't wait for transhumanism to be a real thing so I can grow a tail or an antennae or whatever!!!!!

i used to wish i had perfect pitch but you know what ive noticed from teaching - having it may give you a shitty work ethic - you just get everything so someimes music doesnt sound interesting and it can seem like very unmystical and sort of obvious. I tried those "get perfect pitch cds which really only helped my relative pitch.  also a lot of music teachers dont catch it and the student will blow through shit with little practice - in the end they never get a good work ethic.  I think most people with perfect pitch actually get bored by music because it sounds so simple - no mystery.  Certain people break through that though.  there are probably a ton of executives and mail men out there with perfect pitch that have no idea.  I'd say deal with what you got - make it the best you can and you will find individuality.   although i am 100% for transhumanism and trans anything.

NC in the US of America

The students with perfect pitch who develop a bad work ethic need to get involved in some other activities besides music from which to develop a good work ethic.

boomlinde wrote:

Much like the link between theoretical mathematics and <insert anything here>? I agree.

At first I was really confused by how it seemed like you were invalidating the link between music and theoretical mathematics by saying anything could be linked to theoretical mathematics including music.

UK, Leicester
wailord wrote:

EVERY TIME YOU SEE A TRIANGLE IT MEANS ILLUMINATI IS WATCHING YOU BEWARE OF PSYCHICS AND MYSTERIOUS ~NEW COLOUR SPECTRA~

Illuminate Conformed

IndigoChild wrote:

http://www.psychicchildren.co.uk/1-3-Ch … chics.html <----- I made a mistake, its actually Chinese. But this link is a reference about the super psychics. If you wanna know more please do the research to determine for yourself what you believe to be true.

If you wanna learn about human evolution as I have stated a good place to look is Drunvalo's book The Ancient Secrets to the Flower of Life.

Read some of Steven Hawking's books as well.

But I can see that this thread is presenting hostility and without basis so I will leave this here.

smile Enjoy the ride everyone.

No dude, you can not be serious, like ok wow. I'm also guessing that's where your name comes from right? Anyway, I really doubt that any of this is true, I also find it a little odd that you don't believe in evolution, but I'm not going to go there b/c it could be for many reasons (religion being the main one) and I don't want to offend or upset anyone who holds the same view as you for whatever reason.

Actually sod that, I can't believe, or even comprehend how and why you believe in these psychic children, that have so little evidence and proof behind them, yet you do not believe in evolution. I find it down right preposterous, it's laughable.

Kyle, Tx

Strange how when your on the internet you can not defend yourself. Words are put into your mouth like a pig with an apple in its mouth. People lose respect and turn their backs at the slightest provocation. When you do try to defend yourself its considered spam, or an attack on other members. Alpine, I feel deep sorrow for you and the kind of person you must really be to spread lies about me like this..

Gosford, Australia

hedgehog.jpg

Unsubscribe

Lol.. what happened to this thread?

Chicago

cool.