The goal with this release is to have approximately 10 songs composed by different artists, contents complete in the box, and other printed swag included.

Rules:

Songs must be composed in Carillon.

Songs should be 2-5 minutes in length

Songs must be original (no covers or remixes)

Possible themes are dark, eerie, heavy, haunting, etc...

Samples should be okay to use in moderation.

Songs should be new, not previously released songs.

Songs should not be released prior to the release of the cartridge.

Artists will be compensated. We intend on offering two options, one being the album + payment, the other being just payment.

We're hoping to have songs submitted before the end of August - we can accept songs later than that, but it may mean not being included in the printed materials.

If interested in contributing, send an email (no PMs please) to my gmail account: apeshitmods. Sample songs or a portfolio are encouraged.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 31, 2013 4:57 pm)

Bristol, UK

Damn, I wish I could get my head around Carillon.

Edit: actually, just tried it and read the documentation and it's really straightforward, sending you an email now.

Last edited by Evil Scientist (Jul 31, 2013 6:19 pm)

UK, Leicester

Brb, learning how to carillon, it's always interested me, and now I have a real reason to sit down and try.

Email'd about contributing.

South Korea

E-mailed! Shit, even if I don't get the opportunity to contribute, this is going to be EPIC!

i can't find anything about what carillon is : ( tried google but i am not seeing it

South Korea

http://www.nullsleep.com/utilities.php

Basically, it's kind of similar to LSDJ, but free, not as user friendly, and allows you save/convert your songs to standalone .gb files (I think).
I just started dabbling myself, so I am no authority on this.

thank u deer president : )

Matthew Joseph Payne

I'm interested in doing this. Since Carillion runs on GBC or DMG with memory restrictions on the latter, should we be composing specifically for the GBC, or keep it within DMG limits?

Or am I reading this wrong and it doesn't matter for the playback only situation?

Last edited by kineticturtle (Aug 1, 2013 4:50 am)

South Korea

The restrictions are only applicable to the editor. The generated song roms are VERY simple and should play on any Gameboy.

edit. for hitting enter

Last edited by DeerPresident (Aug 1, 2013 5:12 am)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Thank you!

NC in the US of America

Aren't there other gameboy trackers that can save a standalone .gb file? Doesn't p5tracker export .gb files? would that be okay? hmmm... I wonder if boyscout can export .gb files...
Edit: nevermind guess I was wrong.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 1, 2013 6:13 am)

SketchMan3 wrote:

Aren't there other gameboy trackers that can save a standalone .gb file? Doesn't p5tracker export .gb files? would that be okay? hmmm... I wonder if boyscout can export .gb files...
Edit: nevermind guess I was wrong.

I had a similar thought, namely, if it would be acceptable to use deflemask and export a .gb file. Thought, after thinking that, I flashed Carillon to a cart, and realized it's not all that bad. Not to mention I don't know deflemask or carillon, so if I had to choose one to learn, it'd be carillon.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:39 am)

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:39 am)

I missed this thread...

Since the feel you are going for is along the line of most stuff i do i will poke around with carillon and see if i can manage anything.  This should have been bumped more often to keep it fresh in people's minds.

edit:
not likely to happen this year.  I have too much going on right now to mess with carillon.  If I manage to throw something together i will email it to you.

This is a great idea.  Halloween is one of my 2 favorite holidays, so this needs to happen.  Has anyone submitted anything?

Last edited by rygD (Sep 2, 2013 1:49 am)