FRANCE

I am proud to announce that the Legendary composer Yuzo Koshiro (Street of Rage, Revenge of Shinobi etc...) is now a proud FMDRIVE User!
The fun story is that he tells me that he tried to donate for FMDRIVE the day he saw it on the news but was blocked by paypal in Japan...
I offered him a copy as he is one of the reason why I put my headphones on the MD when I was a kid smile

I hope he will drop some nice FM magic with it, he twitted a picture of his 64bit system using cubase 6.5 starting toying with FMDRIVE and a few minute later started to test an made two tests from his actual work that he sent to his dropbox :
http://twitter.com/yuzokoshiro
Home it makes you happy as I am smile
You can use this thread to post anything MD Yuzo related if you want (or maybe there is already a thread smile )
++
AJ

If you do not already know Yuzo's work here is some.

Last edited by Aly James (May 15, 2013 8:59 pm)

Chicago IL

can't you just stick to one of your other FMDrive threads?

FRANCE
Saskrotch wrote:

I think it could be cool to have some Yuzo related stuff in here..as I have written at the end smile
and this is some global SEGA news when you talk about Yuzo...
If there is any problem with it I can remove it and share the news only in the FMDRIVE thread, no problem
Between there is one FMDRIVE global thread.
the other you might talk about is related to the CSM mode with some infos on it that can benefit to any development an not only related to FMDRIVE.

Last edited by Aly James (May 15, 2013 8:34 pm)

matt's mind

*PM'd re: clerical suggestion, leave open atm*

congratulations!  i've always found it particularly interesting how people utilize the same tool in so many different ways, since you created it i bet its very exciting to see what someone whom you've admired does with your project.

streets of rage composer for anyone who missed that part.

FRANCE
kitsch wrote:

*PM'd re: clerical suggestion, leave open atm*

congratulations!  i've always found it particularly interesting how people utilize the same tool in so many different ways, since you created it i bet its very exciting to see what someone whom you've admired does with your project.

streets of rage composer for anyone who missed that part.

thanks for your wise words smile I have updated the title

Nottingham, UK

Really cool to see your hard work being utilised by someone so respected!

I've spent too many hours of my life playing Streets of Rage.

FRANCE

I found this research quite interesting musically , Yuzo said he goes out a lot to clubs at the time he composed the Street of Rage soundtrack.
Here you can see what kind of songs were played in the clubs at that time and how some inspiration have flowed into Yuzo's great work.
Besides, the sound design is also a great part of the greatness smile

The Hollow Earth

Sweet.....that man is just amazing. The music as much as anything made the Streets of Rage games such a pleasure to play.

.FILTHadelphia
Saskrotch wrote:

Any focus outside of LSDJ the better.

This is from his Twitter. All FMDrive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kc4t3qgtf81b … est%29.mp3

United Kingdom

Yuzo's music made up most of my childhood.

Neo Jersey

Awesome! Easily one of my top 5 vgm composers. Can't wait to hear new stuff!

FRANCE
HPizzle wrote:

Awesome! Easily one of my top 5 vgm composers. Can't wait to hear new stuff!

Here it this, straight from his tweeter post yesterday smile  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dll5t538juti … 2Bpcm1.mp3 
Based on his music from Etrian Odyssey 3, solo FMDrive + PCM

ad-hell-aide

YES!

FRANCE

smile

San Francisco

cool!

Amazing, it's all kicked off. People are making music for Sega Genesis again.