Seattle, WA

I just moved back out here to Phoenix, and it seems like there's no sign of chip life. I think I only know one other artist out here which is yes_pizza. Are there any other chiptuners in AZ? I'm in Mesa, but I'd love to hear from people in Tucson, Flagstaff, or wherever.

I really wanna get some shows together soon! big_smile
E-mail me at bfadmusic at gmail dot com if you wanna play

...oh and even if you're somebody touring through AZ, I'd be happy to be local support and I even have a couch you can crash on if necessary.

Seattle, WA

Is the AZ scene really this sleepy?

I'm in Tucson at the moment.  Someone from Yuma posted something like a month ago looking for local artists but I think I was the only one who responded.  If something gets set up, I'll definitely be there but from all the people I've met here in Tucson, there isn't interest.

Yuma, AZ

Hey there!
I'm in Yuma, AZ.
I play a lot of shows, and would love an excuse to get out to phx smile

Seattle, WA

I've actually started e-mailing a couple venues out in Tucson to eventually go out there, but we'll see how that goes.

10spd: I'll remember that big_smile If Wizwars comes through again, we might be able to put together an all chip show. I do know a few electronic artists that would probably play though if that doesn't work out.

I know someone with a whole sound setup/pa system so if you find somewhere without the gear, let me know and I'll contact him to see if we can use it.

Also, I go to UofA so if anything is set up here after school starts, make up some flyers and I will stick them all over campus.

Last edited by onapokoya (Aug 5, 2013 6:01 pm)

Seattle, WA

That would be really sweet. I'll start trying to set something up and I'll keep you in the loop. It will probably be a date for at least another two months, but could be longer. What address can I e-mail you at?

Last edited by BFAD (Aug 6, 2013 6:08 am)

TSSBAY01

you may wanna try asking over on http://theshizz.org/forum for whats up in az. its mainly known as the minibosses messageboard, but if the general forum isnt dead, you could make posts in there about where to set up shows. those guys are in that mesa/tempe area, but hey. maybe if you're tryin to get some shows set up, or want to try and contact people on the board there who know about getting shows set up, you can try and meet up with those guys. minibosses play shows a lot these days it seems. i bet they'd be tickled pink to find out theres a bit of a chip scene brewing.

like i said, the minibosses msgboard part of the forum is really the more active part of it, i dont check the general forum there too often. but the general forum i think is where most of the local arizona heads are gonna be posting. i dont even read the mb's forum too much anymore and ive got like 30,000 posts there or something ungodly. people who post there are from all over too. but theres still a good bit of chiptune discussion that goes down on that subforum too, i would think. one of the more used forums over the years for sure. but yea, but give it a shot, i think it'd be worth a try.

Seattle, WA

I met JRC at the Trunk Space through theshizz.org a while back and things just kinda fell flat somewhere, so I need to try e-mailing him again and generally persisting more on those forums. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Arizona

I'm moving to Tuscon in 9 months or so.  Making new friends and playing loud music sounds like fun, count me in.  I'd love to help in any way I can.

Seattle, WA
MostlyToast wrote:

I'm moving to Tuscon in 9 months or so.  Making new friends and playing loud music sounds like fun, count me in.  I'd love to help in any way I can.

For sure!

New plan - if you have interest in booking, promoting, playing, or just even attending a chiptune show e-mail me at info at buriedforaday.com, PM me, or post it in here if you don't care.

TSSBAY01

one of the spots out there just closed, hollywood alley, right? i think that plus modified closing is part of whats making it a lil tough to book out there. hit up jrc again for sure.