Hi, I bought my smart card fairly recently and just last week it would crash LSDJ after pressing both the A and B buttons (on a build marked stable, though I forget which version). My best guess is to replace the battery, however, I do not know what type of battery to buy or how to install it. Does anyone have input on any of these?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

There's no complex process to replacing the battery in a 64M EMS cart. There's a battery socket and you just take the old one out and pop the new one in.

Well, that's what I'm asking. My fingers are too large to just 'take' out the battery. I tried sticking a needle in the top and forcing it out but no luck. I don't want to damage the card either.

Sweeeeeeden

On one side, there's a metal clip which holds the battery in place. If you just bend it enough so it doesn't hold the battery back, the battery should spring up on its own. A needle may be too thin to do this comfortably. I'd recommend a flathead screwdriver.

Huntsville, AL
Hoksy wrote:

Hi, I bought my smart card fairly recently and just last week it would crash LSDJ after pressing both the A and B buttons (on a build marked stable, though I forget which version). My best guess is to replace the battery, however, I do not know what type of battery to buy or how to install it. Does anyone have input on any of these?

The battery would have no effect to it, to fix that. My guess would be is that the chips, inside the cartridge, are probably damaged. Also, it would help to say what game you are using, plus, try to send the ROM, on this website. I want to check to see if the ROM could be corrupted.